Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Intouchables

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I want to see this movie so bad-doubt it will make it here.
    We do have a theater that gets foreign and indies, so can hope.
    I put it on reserve in my Netflix to be released Queue. It will probably be a while, but....

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    I put it on reserve in my Netflix to be released Queue. It will probably be a while, but....

All the best,
    GJ
    Good idea GJ. Will do the same.

All the best,
    GJ
    changed your mind?

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/newrepl...eply&p=1512892
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel View Post
    Is it allowed? ;-)

Guess I've read some pretty good things about it and will watch it when it comes to Netflix. Watched The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and found that was pretty good. For me films like these are interesting, but not necessarily entertaining.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 06-21-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Where did you hear this? The NYT reviewer merely speculates on the travesty of doing an American remake with Tracy Morgan in the role of the caregiver.
    Stephen, I actually do not know, but KLD mentioned a re-make in a previous post in this thread. It is the one time I hope she is wrong...... :-)

Is it allowed? ;-)

Guess I've read some pretty good things about it and will watch it when it comes to Netflix. Watched The Diving Bell and the Butterfly and found that was pretty good. For me films like these are interesting, but not necessarily entertaining.

All the best,
    GJ
    The Diving Bell and the Butterfly is a weighty, profound film, not the "feel good movie of the year" as The Intouchables is being touted. One is messy, the other is all cleaned up. It's the difference between lead and helium. Each has its place and its audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    Stephen, I actually do not know, but KLD mentioned a re-make in a previous post in this thread. It is the one time I hope she is wrong...... :-)
    If you do an internet search and read various reports, blogs, Variety, etc, it is said that The Weinstein Company has bought the American rights to remake the film and Colin Firth is a front runner for the role of Cluzet, the quadriplegic.

All the best,
    GJ

If you do an internet search and read various reports, blogs, Variety, etc, it is said that The Weinstein Company has bought the American rights to remake the film and Colin Firth is a front runner for the role of Cluzet, the quadriplegic.

All the best,
    GJ
    Well, I love Colin Firth, so if they insist on making an "American version" (albeit with British actor) he would be a good choice!

If you do an internet search and read various reports, blogs, Variety, etc, it is said that The Weinstein Company has bought the American rights to remake the film and Colin Firth is a front runner for the role of Cluzet, the quadriplegic. Edit, not Cluzet (that is the actor), Phillipe (the quadriplegic character)

All the best,
    GJ

So...if it is a fait accompli that the movie will have an American remake, who would you suggest for the role of:
    Philippe? Driss?

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 06-21-2012 at 08:45 PM.

So...if it is a fait accompli that the movie will have an American remake, who would you suggest for the role of:
    Philippe? Driss?

All the best,
    GJ
    I could see Denzel Washington...........but then I can see him in any role he chooses to inhabit. Big fan here.