Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Intouchables

Omar Sy is delightful man candy... and he spends enough time with his shirt off to make it fun. François Cluzet I've also seenbefore. To act only with your face and breath is amazing.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by JenJen View Post
    Omar Sy is delightful man candy... and he spends enough time with his shirt off to make it fun. François Cluzet I've also seenbefore. To act only with your face and breath is amazing.
    Jen, you're such a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Jen, you're such a guy.
    Thank you Stephen for noticing!
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

I love this movie - "where can you find a tetraplegic? Where you left him" lol that had me in hysterics!
    The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

and his doppelganger is a pretty good basketball player.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by ~McLovin~ View Post
    I love this movie - "where can you find a tetraplegic? Where you left him" lol that had me in hysterics!
    Ah! Sounds like my SO, she's always moaning that when we're out and about and I'm in my powerchair she spends half her time trying to find me - no such problems if I'm in the manual!

Watched The Intouchables this evening and agree with the NY Times film critic A. O. Scott's review -- a gimp fairy tale, even if based on a true story.

The hang gliding scene was the best part of the film.

I saw the movie last weekend and loved it. It may not be terribly realistic though, even if it is a true story, because the circumstances required to form such an amazing bond would require more trust than many of us have when it comes to our own health care. I laughed my way through the movie though, and loved the relationship that grew (and has lasted a lifetime) between them. One of my very wonderful co-workers once waited till I was essentially trapped by snow and ice ruts and then started to pelt me with snowballs while I was helpless to retaliate in any ways beyond verbal, so the scene in the movie brought back some very good memories of people who get past the wheelchair and are capable of having fun with you, or even at your expense, which is fine as long as it is lovingly done. I was so glad at the end of the film when they showed the actual people and what has happened to them over the years (all good!). I am sorry to hear they are re-making an American version though because they are rarely as good as the original, and really, how hard is it to read subtitles?

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    I am sorry to hear they are re-making an American version though because they are rarely as good as the original, and really, how hard is it to read subtitles?
    Where did you hear this? The NYT reviewer merely speculates on the travesty of doing an American remake with Tracy Morgan in the role of the caregiver.

I want to see this movie so bad-doubt it will make it here.
    We do have a theater that gets foreign and indies, so can hope.