Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair Jeans & Pockets..........

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Too generic, IMO.

And the 'slim' pattern is still HUGE for anyone with leg and butt atrophy, like me.

The tons of extra material constantly bunches and folds underneath me.

I tried engaging them on these topics, but they said they worked from patterns and that was that. No desire, whatsoever, to improve their offering, or even help make them fit.

I wasn't impressed.
    im gonna work with my guy and see if he may be interested in some mail order work.......keep ya all posted

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    im gonna work with my guy and see if he may be interested in some mail order work.......keep ya all posted

32x36, please!

3 things very good about USA jeans, IMO:

1. Waist is higher in rear, designed around sitting, not standing

2. Little elastic piece in the waistband keeps them snug but not binding

3. Zipper unzips almost all the way to your taint, making fishing out the junk for cathing much easier.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    Those are an interesting option. A little too busy for my tastes, but very nice to see available! Thanks.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    149.00 Euros (180.00)??? Screw that, Walmart 17.00 tailor 15.00. pants were nice and i agree with dale, i miss the hi back & long zippers like the Rolle Cut

It's a novel idea, but seriously guys would you really wear them? I can see (maybe) if you worked in a really casual setting like an auto shop but not in a professional setting. Sorry but those pants are not what I would want to see my wc friend wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    yep, did the cargo pants once and had a cell phone fall out in a rain puddle in a parking lot. tailor was cheap, well worth the few dollars.

<---------Lord of the Dorks, Master of their Kingdom
    Yea, cargo pockets lay sideways so things can fall out easily. But with a slight mod, the flap opening can be closed and the side of the pockets (which are on top of the thigh) can be opened so things won't fall out. These pockets are less conspicuous as they're still part of the pant design, and gives much more room than jean pockets (which are pretty flat especially when new and not stretched out like those jeans your dad has worn since you were born, and having had that thick wad of a wallet he's shoved his life into, into his backside for years).

I can't see your adaptation working well for a quad, but hey, whatever works!

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Yea, cargo pockets lay sideways so things can fall out easily. But with a slight mod, the flap opening can be closed and the side of the pockets (which are on top of the thigh) can be opened so things won't fall out. These pockets are less conspicuous as they're still part of the pant design, and gives much more room than jean pockets (which are pretty flat especially when new and not stretched out like those jeans your dad has worn since you were born, and having had that thick wad of a wallet he's shoved his life into, into his backside for years).

I can't see your adaptation working well for a quad, but hey, whatever works!
    A POCKET ON THE BACK OF THE CALF FOR MY PHONE, ID & (oops caps) lipstick would be discreet even when sitting with my legs crossed, don'tcha think? It's hard to constantly be carrying purses and keeping your hands free, and you can't always dress up cargo pants...
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Cool idea. When I'm in my chair and I want to carry various items on me, I like wearing my LA Police Gear Operator pants with the lower leg pockets. The thigh pockets are quite nice and work great while sitting too as they are slanted.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/elastic-...ator-pant.html

^^Check them out.