Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 191

Thread: Now what?

  1. #1

    Now what?

    I know he can't come right out and say it, but read between the lines, gang. Now how long will it be until I can pay to go get hla-matched cord blood cells shot into my spine and a big dose of lithium mixed into my applesauce in China or Central America? Is there anything to prevent a clinic from doing the procedure here in the U.S.? I know insurance won't pay for it until it's been proven in larger trials, but if I want to pay cash will the FDA prevent doctors from performing the surgery or dosing me with lithium? I've got a little over a month off work - I figure I can dance back into the office Ricky Martin-style in mid-July if we get these cells and that lithium into me within the next week.

  2. #2
    Senior Member canuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    BC Canada
    Posts
    2,710
    I haven't seen any published results so how are you coming to this conclusion?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I haven't seen any published results so how are you coming to this conclusion?
    The people in the trial in China were all chronic Asia A's before the surgery. Now "some of them" can walk. And only "some of them" have received the largest dosage of cells and lithium. There's no amount of locomotor training that can make a chronic asia A walk. Ergo, Wise Young has cured sci. QED.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    846
    You better pump the breaks on that horse and buggy, your setting your self up. I hope he has the right cocktail too but I wont get my hopes up till I hear the end results.

  5. #5
    ......
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young View Post
    People should not jump to conclusions that we have shown that umbilical cord blood cells improve walking. I have only said that many patients are getting some sensation back and some are walking. In order to determine whether this is from the cell transplant and not from the surgery and rehabilitation, we must demonstrate it in a randomized control trial.

    Just so that there is no misunderstanding here, let me repeat this. I did not and have not said that the treatment is causing these improvements. I am only saying that this are my personal observations of the patients when I visited the center and I am encouraged enough by these observations to have decided that we will go ahead with the phase 3 trials.

    Look at this from another perspective. If none of the patients recovered anything, we would not be going ahead to the phase 3. The fact that some of the patients are showing some response in the trial justifies our going forward to spend the time and the money to do the phase 3 trial.

    Wise.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by #LHB# View Post
    You better pump the breaks on that horse and buggy, your setting your self up. I hope he has the right cocktail too but I wont get my hopes up till I hear the end results.
    My hopes are already up, pal. As will be my fully feeling peener and my urine stream a few days after I get these cells in me. I'm gonna pee a cursive "Wise Young" into the first snow bank I see after being cured as part of a heartfelt tribute to a great man.

  7. #7
    I know he hasn't said it, Jim. He can't say it without jeopardizing the trial. But the writing's on the snow bank, if you just piece his various comments together.
    Last edited by rjg; 06-04-2012 at 07:37 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rjg View Post
    I now he hasn't said it, Jim. He can't say it without jeopardizing the trial.
    Not being ugly, but should you be saying it then? I'm asking that as politely as possible.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by rjg View Post
    The people in the trial in China were all chronic Asia A's before the surgery. Now "some of them" can walk. And only "some of them" have received the largest dosage of cells and lithium. There's no amount of locomotor training that can make a chronic asia A walk. Ergo, Wise Young has cured sci. QED.
    How I wish you were right here..... but I am afraid Wise forgot for a while he was in streaming during the open house.

    Wise pay attention!!

    Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Not being ugly, but should you be saying it then? I'm asking that as politely as possible.
    I'm not involved in the trial in any way. As such, I'm pretty sure I couldn't jeopardize the trial if I wanted to.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •