Thread: Support CA Assembly Bill 1794, Continuance of Roman Reed Spinal Cord Injury Research Act

Support CA Assembly Bill 1794, Continuance of Roman Reed Spinal Cord Injury Research Act

Hi Everyone,

Please take a minute and send a letter to John Dutra, the California Assemblyman below, even if you don't live in California. Don Reed, father of Roman Reed who was injured in a football accident and is paraplegic, was successful in passing this legislation which has funded more than one million dollars in spinal cord research.

To prevent the bill from expiring we ask you to send a letter similar to the one below. Please send this to family and friends, too.

Together we can make a difference.

Thank you for your help.

Stem Cell Action Network

Honorable Assemblyman John Dutra

State Capitol

Rm 3091

Sacramento, CA 95814

Dear Assemblyman John Dutra:

I am in support of Assembly Bill 1794. Assembly Bill allows for continuance of the very successful Roman Reed Spinal Cord Injury Research Act.

I can think of no greater moral responsibility than to pursue medical research for the two million Americans living with paralysis. Lives today and for future generations will reap the benefits in an invaluable measure. Also, the Roman Reed Act has been a financial success. The first three years of state funding, 3,697,305 has been leveraged into 11,942,577. Every penny of this money went toward spinal cord injury research and this Act is an integral component in the fight to cure paralysis and to alleviate the 1.2 billion fiscal burden that paralysis cost California last year alone.

We are all depending on California to continue leading the way in spinal cord injury research.

Please pass Assembly Bill 1794, so that the Roman Reed Act can continue.

Sincerely,

"Together we stand, divided we fall..."

Faye, thanks, I'll do that!

I will prepare 5 letters on behalf of my family to be sent. In order not to waste the postage, I will try to have at least 10 supporting signatures signed on each letter.

Suzanne

[This message was edited by Suzanne Poon on 03-10-04 at 11:36 AM.]

Thanks, Faye. I'm good for 5 letters, too (highly active political family) .

Calico

my five are going out today. Also emailed out to my friends.

Hi Faye,

Since I am not a citizen nor a resident in the US, do you think it is useless for me to write to the Assemblyman in Califonia?

Suzanne

Faye,

I've sent mine.

Doreen

You can also go to his website and send an email. I simply gave a brief intro as to who I was and my injury and then copy and paste the letter. Easier for family and friends also.

Deb

Assemblymember.Dutra@assembly.ca.gov

You can also go to his website and send an email. I simply gave a brief intro as to who I was and my injury and then copy and paste the letter. Easier for family and friends also.

Deb

Assemblymember.Dutra@assembly.ca.gov
    thanks for the email link debbie, i've sent of my letter as well.