Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: New reality TV show PUSH GIRLS on SUNDANCE

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbv View Post
    Mine only plays the 2nd to last episode as the last. I'm on iPad maybe that's the issue I don't know.....I had purchased the season.
    Same issue here
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I think the show is great. I did not think the last show was too graphic, I have a huge amount of respect for Angela for showing realistically what life is really like at her level of injury. I think she is amazing. I like the way she is proactive and directs people to do what she needs done, that's exactly what you gotta do when you're in her situation and I think she does it perfectly.
    I'm in her situation, except i dont have a free caregiver. she could've brought her aunt instead of making the brand new young bf take care of her. he was overwhelmed. but its her relationship to jepordize.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Ahhhh I was wrong. I don't have the final episode. I've read a lot of comments on iTunes and apparently they're trying to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky View Post
    lolz only if the pay is that good! Fortunately I'm in NorCal.

Last nights episode was horrible. I'm appalled that Angela has her brand new 24 yr old bf take care of her in NY for 3 days, she practically made him do it [she said something about if he was going to be her bf he was going to have to be caregiver too]. Given what he said about it I dont see that relationship lasting too much longer. And man was it graphic. I just hope that not too many AB friends were watching.

That relationship is doomed. Angela should have taken her aunt instead of the new b/f. He was not ready for it and might never be up to the challenge. I'm baffled as to why she views a b/f as her PCA for the NYC trip when she has a family member helping. Aunt Judy wanted to go with Angela, too. That could have been a nice perk for her had she been invited.

Like you, I cringed at the graphic details shown in the final episode. It was TMI to the nth. I hope my friends and family members missed it because I don't know how much many know about the deets of b and b, but I still want to think 90 percent are clueless. Their ignorance is my bliss or at least saving of face.

Will there be another season of PG? Anyone know?
    Last edited by LaMemChose; 08-31-2012 at 01:07 AM. Reason: removed an extra 'the'

How were you able to view the last episode ? Yes, there is supposed to be more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin83 View Post
    How were you able to view the last episode ? Yes, there is supposed to be more seasons.
    yeah I am baffled? maybe they saw it on cable sundance...not on itunes..weird.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

It is laying out on piratebay.org.

Did they show anything special in the last episode? I mean, she was only laying on the bed and we saw catheter and the bag and he was moving her catheter when it was wrong. The only thing I wondered about was why he was doing that in front of all the people in the room.
    TH 12, 43 years post

not really understanding where the graphic part was... they showed a cath kit. so... not sure how that is graphic. nor did they go into any details of how it is done. they just said she needed to be cathed every x hours. nor did they show her doing her bowel program. so yea... not understanding where ppl are going with the tmi. i thought their explanations were good without going into vivid step by step detail.

i do, however, dislike angela for saying that her bf needed to "man up" and take care of her. what.the.fuck. this is why many men may have issues with dating a disabled woman as they may feel as if the woman just expects them to be her caregiver. and that boundary between lover/nurse gets blurred. some ppl do not want that. why not take aunt judy AND the bf? when angela needed care, aunty judy could fill in and then you know, treat herself to a broadway show or something while the two of them could have romantic time. i get her desire to feel "normal" but man... it seems like she just sprung this on the bf instead of discussing it first. and that's just rude.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Colin83 View Post
    Hey, Colin. I caught it on cable.

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    not really understanding where the graphic part was... they showed a cath kit. so... not sure how that is graphic. nor did they go into any details of how it is done. they just said she needed to be cathed every x hours. nor did they show her doing her bowel program. so yea... not understanding where ppl are going with the tmi. i thought their explanations were good without going into vivid step by step detail.

i do, however, dislike angela for saying that her bf needed to "man up" and take care of her. what.the.fuck. this is why many men may have issues with dating a disabled woman as they may feel as if the woman just expects them to be her caregiver. and that boundary between lover/nurse gets blurred. some ppl do not want that. why not take aunt judy AND the bf? when angela needed care, aunty judy could fill in and then you know, treat herself to a broadway show or something while the two of them could have romantic time. i get her desire to feel "normal" but man... it seems like she just sprung this on the bf instead of discussing it first. and that's just rude.
    thanks for the clarification..geez, ya woulda thought it was more detailed..and besides we need to get over our embarrassment and shame over what is now our reality...that is true freedom..hard and I am only now getting better..but if I need to cath or use a leg bag, I should not be afraid to have it known..if you are grossed out..so be it. If all bathrooms were accessible..if may be different....I feel it is a form of self love and acceptance to just let it be what it is and not be horrified if someone finds out or sees it. As far as the caregiver aspect, I am not familiar with that and am not sure if her approach of ?breaking him in" early on..will succeed or fail..it will at least allow him a true picture and allow him to choose the door if he feels he is unable to deal with it..as there will always be some time where he will need to fill in...and he needs to know what to in these emergencies?