Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: New reality TV show PUSH GIRLS on SUNDANCE

Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but this show is going to be on again next year for 2013.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Dunno if anyone mentioned it, but this show is going to be on again next year for 2013.
    Great news, how did you find that out?

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    Great news, how did you find that out?
    Right here http://www.sundancechannel.com/push-...ampaign=Series
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Glad to hear it. The link didn't work for me but I think it's because the page is under construction. I am really happy they've got another season coming. I wonder when we'll see some disabled guys in a show. I can't keep watching Murderball forever ;-)

So tonight is the season finale of Push Girls and I'm really bummed. I have enjoyed the show very much and I'm glad the girls will be back for a season 2. During that 30mins the show is on I feel normal. I know it sounds weird but that's how I feel. I can so relate to each one of the girls in a different way. They should make it an hour long instead of 30 mins! Now what am I going to watch? No more Breaking Bad no more True Blood, well I guess I will take comfort in the fact that the Walking Dead will be premiering soon!

I think those of you judging how well off they are haven't actually watched the show much.

They weren't given free chairs for the show. Mia and Auti have been doing the colours n motion dance team for years. I don't know how long Tiphany has had a colours chair. I'm sure Chelsea's parents paid for her chair, she has also been on the colours dance team pre show. Angela uses a quickie, looks like quickie ti, on the first season. From an appearance on Ellen and her Tilite commercial it's known at some point she gets a new Tilite Aero Z, maybe the chair was payment for her commercials and modeling but it was still paid for.

Who all owns their own houses? Tiphany rents from Angela, who has stated she is only just now responsible for a mortgage after a separation from her husband. Mia, on the show, just moved into a new apartment because she was so ashamed of the one she's been in for FIVE years she had never invited her friends by (i know that feeling, I've had friends wonder what I was hiding by never letting them in.) Auti probably owns her house with her husband, I believe they've been together for quite a while.

Seriously guys, this is the very first season of a show on sundance. We aren't talking 5 seasons in some highly rated reality show. If they're being paid a whole lot, it's only just now starting with their second season ordered. We know for a fact that Mia and Auti works, I'm sure Auti's husband works, Angela is just getting back to work, and while we've never seen Tiphany at work she has mentioned the multitude of jobs she's had over the years. Even Chelsea works, with her traveling to do speaking engagements whether or not she's being paid.

I know being on tv brings backlash, but how about at least trying to keep it to the truth? They're putting their lives out there in the public for awareness and education. Angela had plans to make the show for YEARS, before she had even met all the girls. I'm sure it's not all about the money, no money in the world would make me willing to be followed around by cameras. And as you've kindly pointed out, a few of them drive expensive cars and so must not have been hurting for money pre show.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I think those of you judging how well off they are haven't actually watched the show much.

They weren't given free chairs for the show. Mia and Auti have been doing the colours n motion dance team for years. I don't know how long Tiphany has had a colours chair. I'm sure Chelsea's parents paid for her chair, she has also been on the colours dance team pre show. Angela uses a quickie, looks like quickie ti, on the first season. From an appearance on Ellen and her Tilite commercial it's known at some point she gets a new Tilite Aero Z, maybe the chair was payment for her commercials and modeling but it was still paid for.

Who all owns their own houses? Tiphany rents from Angela, who has stated she is only just now responsible for a mortgage after a separation from her husband. Mia, on the show, just moved into a new apartment because she was so ashamed of the one she's been in for FIVE years she had never invited her friends by (i know that feeling, I've had friends wonder what I was hiding by never letting them in.) Auti probably owns her house with her husband, I believe they've been together for quite a while.

Seriously guys, this is the very first season of a show on sundance. We aren't talking 5 seasons in some highly rated reality show. If they're being paid a whole lot, it's only just now starting with their second season ordered. We know for a fact that Mia and Auti works, I'm sure Auti's husband works, Angela is just getting back to work, and while we've never seen Tiphany at work she has mentioned the multitude of jobs she's had over the years. Even Chelsea works, with her traveling to do speaking engagements whether or not she's being paid.

I know being on tv brings backlash, but how about at least trying to keep it to the truth? They're putting their lives out there in the public for awareness and education. Angela had plans to make the show for YEARS, before she had even met all the girls. I'm sure it's not all about the money, no money in the world would make me willing to be followed around by cameras. And as you've kindly pointed out, a few of them drive expensive cars and so must not have been hurting for money pre show.
    I agree I had a convo about this very subject. To me they aren't living super glamourous lives. Yes they are sponsored by Colours so of course they are going to have the top of the line Colours chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post

Good post Lin. I think it would be great if these girls are making substanial money from the show, but I think its unlikely from what I discovered regarding other reality show stars. You really have to have a brand (kardashians and Jersey shore crew)out there to profit and most of them make their money on appearances and perfume/clothing deals. The reality show stars that have appeared on Howard Stern said they really don't make much per episode (10k-15k) which really isn't a lot when compared to Charlie Sheen who was making 500K or more per episode of his show.

On a good note - Angela is doing a Nordstroms campaign - Congrats!
    A dolla makes me holla, honey boo boo! - borrowed from Honey boo boo child

I didnt realize 'reality' show participants were paid anything. They're on Sundnce channel so I would think they're not making a much as those on the Networks.

I'm still watching the show tho it seems as if they say 'like' in every sentence which is grating and there are too many things that seem like set ups eg Mia competing in a Meet - an AB one at that - within a couple weeks of geting back into the pool.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky View Post
    I didnt realize 'reality' show participants were paid anything. They're on Sundnce channel so I would think they're not making a much as those on the Networks.

I'm still watching the show tho it seems as if they say 'like' in every sentence which is grating and there are too many things that seem like set ups eg Mia competing in a Meet - an AB one at that - within a couple weeks of geting back into the pool.
    You're out there in Cali, you could join them and go on the show too and be the fifth push girl, lol.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred