Page 35 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: New reality TV show PUSH GIRLS on SUNDANCE

I think the latest episode was more reality show drama, the whole auti thing. Gotta admit I'm liking auti the least. Mia is my favorite, but I think the whole 'I wouldn't change my disability if I could, I haven't lost anything' is utter bs. But again I can relate, because I use denial so much to cope. Telling others it's not so bad, at least I was born this way so I don't know what not being disabled feels like, blah blah. It's all bs that I tell others in effort to convince myself.

I'd love to date someone disabled who understands. Luckily the last couple guys I've dated were pretty great and I got to know them before they asked me on dates so they already knew about the disability and having a service dog. I've sorta tried online dating before, but it is awkward. Do I say up front that I use a service dog (and now wheelchair)? Or do I wait? So I'm interested in how things go for Tiphany with that. I do know I'd never want to just show up and surprise the person with a chair and dog. I have old friends that are weird about my having a service dog, I think they see me as who I used to be and not who I am now. Which sometimes I like... I have a friend who helps me out a ton with physical stuff, like moving or just if I need someone to come over and help with something physical. He's always known me as being disabled and having a service dog, but he says he doesn't think of me that way. He says he thinks of me still as a horse and dog trainer, and thinks more about the stuff I push myself to do than the stuff I cannot do. I love that he sees me that way. Though sometimes that's a curse too, but it hasn't been with him. With others when they only see me pushing myself and not the 3 days recovering it's hard for them to grasp my limitations. Once I had a friend asking why I couldn't work a full time job, and responding that HE can work full time, and is still able to come home and take care of his son and the house.... Well no shit, you don't have physical limitations or chronic fatigue!

Sorry, I think I have traveled a bit away from my starting point!
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    I think the latest episode was more reality show drama, the whole auti thing. Gotta admit I'm liking auti the least. . !
    I kinda think Auti was thrown under the bus by Mia..I was surprised by that side of her..kinda disappointed in that and not a good friend move. Of course Auti should have been asked first if the new girl wanted to bring some able bodied guy to dance on their show! And Mia not telling the girl that..and then taking her side..trying to get her to take up issues that she didnt have the courage to when she started..hmm,, Love it or leave it, Auto started the group and auti made it what it is..some respect and openess is warrented..not all the behind the scenes back stabbing.

but yeah..they need to update the routine..as the young girl is a huge asset.

But the only reason she is even dancing is because of Auti..as her Dad showed her her video while she was still in rehab. Respect your elders! lol!
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 08-03-2012 at 07:52 PM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I don't think Mia threw her under the bus, and still don't see how she did from your post? Unless there's more you didn't say. Because throwing someone under the bus is intentional, and being afraid to stand up about something until you're united with someone isn't some intentional action against another person. But I migt be missing something in your post since you also said you agree that they need new routines. I'm shocked they still only have one and that auti has never changed it or asked for input from Mia all these years and now chelsea.

I do think it was lousy that chelsea only asked Mia and not Auti about the guy performing. I think chelsea knew auti wouldn't like it and so purposefully went to Mia, and I think Mia got stuck in the middle there and feel bad for her. But I also thought the way Auti handled it was pretty rude and disrespectful. And she lost a lot of respect from me in the way she knew the girls were upset and then turned it around so she was the victim. Whether intentional or not that was very manipulative.

I also disagree with respecting someone on the basis of age alone. I do not think age alone equals respect, you respect a person who deserves respect and is respectful of others and you. I grew up with many adults who did not deserve respect. I always respect someone new on default, but if you lose that it's going to take a lot of work to get it back.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Interesting..Chelsie was upset about something..she went to Mia..Mia took her side and rather than tell her to go to Auti..HER supposed friend for years..she instead told her if she quit she would. Auti had no idea they were upset..just saw that they were quiet and clearly BOTH of them were onthe same team.against her. So she handled as a leader would..took control. Good for her. Mia stated she had issues before but was afraid to bring them up..so she threw her under the bus by siding with Chelsie..rather than just being honest and real with Auti..

Yeah..I kinda doubt the routine never changed..I mean..Chelsie is 19 and at 19--well, you know it all! she has not been on the team long enough to know the history no?

I don't think Mia threw her under the bus, and still don't see how she did from your post? Unless there's more you didn't say. Because throwing someone under the bus is intentional, and being afraid to stand up about something until you're united with someone isn't some intentional action against another person. But I migt be missing something in your post since you also said you agree that they need new routines. I'm shocked they still only have one and that auti has never changed it or asked for input from Mia all these years and now chelsea.

I do think it was lousy that chelsea only asked Mia and not Auti about the guy performing. I think chelsea knew auti wouldn't like it and so purposefully went to Mia, and I think Mia got stuck in the middle there and feel bad for her. But I also thought the way Auti handled it was pretty rude and disrespectful. And she lost a lot of respect from me in the way she knew the girls were upset and then turned it around so she was the victim. Whether intentional or not that was very manipulative.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Cool

Mia didn't tell her to not go to Auti, she wanted her to talk to Auti and said she was proud when Chelsea said something. Mia said she would quit if chelsea quit, and helsea said she would quit if things didn't change. They weren't making some plan to run off and ditch Auti, it was an ultimatum that if something didn't change, because they're currently unhappy, they both would leave. Mia also stated that she was intimidated and somewhat afraid of Auti. We don't know what Mia might have tried to say to Auti in the past or what lead up to Mia being afraid to confront Auti alone.

And it really doesn't matter that chelsea started dancing because of Auti. That doesn't mean she's now indebted and must remain with Auti for the rest of her life. Especially if she feels stunted currently. I've had trainers with my riding that I owed a lot to, but that didn't mean there were any hard feelings when I felt I was no longer being challenged or desired to continue in another path under someone else.

There are ways to see someone is unhappy and ask them why without making them feel attacked and yourself the victim. I often don't recognize emotions and could even see the aggression in Auti. And Mia stated that's the way Auti usually handles such situations. So I don't blame her for being timid. If it was me I'd be so afraid to confront Auti and deal with the confrontation that I'd just quit and find another instructor.

Your persepctive is an interesting one..I didn;t see it that way AT ALL, but hey, that is what makes the world go round Good to have a place to gossip about the show in any case!

Auti was angry (read hurt) as she knew she sensed they were in cahoots.. being ganged up on..she was defensive..she is a tough woman, and she said that was her childhood..I didn;t see that as a victim stance. In fact, I would say the way they handled their issues with her by talking behind her back then the silent treatment at practice was child like and cowardly....well, it kinda did make her the victim.

Team Auti! lol!

But I see you point on the coaching..but I still feel she should be respected more than she was.

Mia didn't tell her to not go to Auti, she wanted her to talk to Auti and said she was proud when Chelsea said something. Mia said she would quit if chelsea quit, and helsea said she would quit if things didn't change. They weren't making some plan to run off and ditch Auti, it was an ultimatum that if something didn't change, because they're currently unhappy, they both would leave. Mia also stated that she was intimidated and somewhat afraid of Auti. We don't know what Mia might have tried to say to Auti in the past or what lead up to Mia being afraid to confront Auti alone.

And it really doesn't matter that chelsea started dancing because of Auti. That doesn't mean she's now indebted and must remain with Auti for the rest of her life. Especially if she feels stunted currently. I've had trainers with my riding that I owed a lot to, but that didn't mean there were any hard feelings when I felt I was no longer being challenged or desired to continue in another path under someone else.

There are ways to see someone is unhappy and ask them why without making them feel attacked and yourself the victim. I often don't recognize emotions and could even see the aggression in Auti. And Mia stated that's the way Auti usually handles such situations. So I don't blame her for being timid. If it was me I'd be so afraid to confront Auti and deal with the confrontation that I'd just quit and find another instructor.

If it was me I'd be so afraid to confront Auti and deal with the confrontation that I'd just quit and find another instructor.

whack. I know the show is edited, so who knows what really happened, but it seems like this was/is something Auti spearheads and makes the decisions for. if Chelsie had a problem with how it was going she should have talked to her, and backdooring her by trying to get Mia on her side just shows her immaturity (which isn't a sin, the girl is trying to find her place and only-what 19?)

A fear of confrontation shouldn't prevent you from doing anything in life, as life is pretty much filled with it in varying degrees. The mature thing to do if you have a problem with someone is reach out to that person directly, no? Quitting to avoid an uncomfortable conversation, I'm sorry to say- seems pretty cowardly.

If you think about the fact that they probably get paid for these gigs and relate it to a job, wouldn't it be like telling a coworker you're bringing in a subcontractor without even notifying your supervisor until they show up on site in front of the client?
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Call me cowardly then. That's fine, I am. I do not like confrontation and avoid it. I have no problem discussing things calmly/unemotionally, but if there's a big argument I'm out. Come get me if you want to discuss it once parties are calm. That's just me, and I admit it. Call it whack if you want to I guess.

I don't know anything about them being paid or looking at the performances as a job. As you can tell, I'm viewing it from the position of a sport/team. Where what's important is having fun and increasing skills. If that isn't happening, then leave.

Call me cowardly then. That's fine, I am. I do not like confrontation and avoid it. I have no problem discussing things calmly/unemotionally, but if there's a big argument I'm out. Come get me if you want to discuss it once parties are calm. That's just me, and I admit it. Call it whack if you want to I guess.

I don't know anything about them being paid or looking at the performances as a job. As you can tell, I'm viewing it from the position of a sport/team. Where what's important is having fun and increasing skills. If that isn't happening, then leave.
    I agree..conflict is often so much a part of human experience it is hard to avoid..unless you want to be a wallflower, get walked on or quit. If Chelsie and Mia, had discussed it among themsleves and then came to Auti respecting her and her role, and discussed it calmly--that would have then been on Auti as to how she reacted..instead they just acted quiet and unmotivated, forcing her to ask them why...

anywho..speaking of the dating online..do you think it is a good thing to describe yourself as "flirty" on your profile lol like Tif did? Do guys want "flirty?" and is this a positive dating quality? (coming from a admitted flirt!)

I said I avoid confrontation, not conflict. Because conflict can be handled without an aggressive confrontation which I stated earlier. I would also appreciate if someone wants to discuss ME, that it be separated somehow from the discussion of the show. It's confusing to have a statement pulled out of my post that's specifically about me (along with being removed from context of the statement) and then response to it combined with response to the show in the same statement or paragraph. I don't know exactly what is being directed at me, versus opinions of the show.

And to add in to my comment above about viewing this as a team or sport, quitting is not just avoiding the confrontation but the fact in this specific example they (or I, in their place) are feeling unhappy and unfullfilled with the team and as if their opinion will remain unheard and things turned around on them for speaking their minds. And so, a confrontation would not gain anything and may rather ruin a friendship outside of the team.
    Last edited by ~Lin; 08-03-2012 at 11:52 PM.