Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: New reality TV show PUSH GIRLS on SUNDANCE

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Finally watched the show tonight; first four episodes. My first thought: If I ever get a pair of those aluminum bling-bling wheels I hope someone shoots me in the face. Right in my fucking face.

<snip>
    ...I like those wheels. Am I a bad person? Lol.

t8 is a poet....
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

My daughter and I really like this show. She's a 27 year old T12-L1 para one year out who hasn't joined this board or been interested in talking to others with SCI. A very small demographic, I agree, but she enjoys seeing how not much stops these girls and learning some new techniques (sitting on the tire to reach things, using a regular chair to get up some steps instead of having someone lift you up in your chair).

I know it's a reality show and not 'real', but it does show some cool things and exposes the rest of the world to the lives of some people with SCI who are lliving with challenges. It's educational and interesting for my daughter and I.

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondacklover View Post
    My daughter and I really like this show. She's a 27 year old T12-L1 para one year out who hasn't joined this board or been interested in talking to others with SCI. A very small demographic, I agree, but she enjoys seeing how not much stops these girls and learning some new techniques (sitting on the tire to reach things, using a regular chair to get up some steps instead of having someone lift you up in your chair).

I know it's a reality show and not 'real', but it does show some cool things and exposes the rest of the world to the lives of some people with SCI who are lliving with challenges. It's educational and interesting for my daughter and I.
    the adirondacks are lovely, arent they? glad that your daughter is enjoying the show!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

its funny, i remmember on our honeymoon we were in so cal, walking from santa monica pier to venice beach. i saw alot of blinged colours chairs. never once saw anyone in a pc thou. more gimps in a concentrated area than anywhere ive been
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    ...I like those wheels. Am I a bad person? Lol.
    No. But if you ever see me on the street... run.

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    t8 is a poet....
    Please don't feed his ego.

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    the adirondacks are lovely, arent they? glad that your daughter is enjoying the show!
    I've got family in Saranac Lake and Albion down near you. I think New York is a better state than it is a city.

I saw the first episode. But didn´t see any hot chicks. Am I missing something. A couple of them look like dudes...

I finally got to see 2nd and 3rd episode.

Yes, the cake thing was ridiculous...but her point.."I want to do what I am capable of doing" was a good one..an ab would have carried the cake..she could..she did. If that is what makes her feel good..so be it.

Auti's courage and drive to enter, work that hard and perform to me was highly commendable and courageous. Her husband is so sweet and supportive..a great role model for all men. If she needed help as she over worked..that is what we do..to support each other..I saw nothing distastful or negative about him picking her up..it was a great example of a loving partnership.

The one and only thing that bothered me a bit is that Mia would go through all that effort to visit a nail salon that was not accessible and did not meet the code for public accomodations..and she did it to prove something..again..that she "could do what anyone walking can do" but in this case it is damaging to public perception as a. she should NOT be supporting a business who is not accessible, and b. it makes it look as though ramps are not needed any way so what is the big deal..urg.

Will keep watching...still can't figure out how they keep the heels on the damn foot rest without bend the ankle..lol.

Oh and this must be the standing frame sponsor segment...a big plug with 2 gilrls demonstrating..and a lot of sales for them I am sure. Hate standing..never do it..never will..I just get to dizzy and want to pass out...

Overall, I find a lot of class (the way Auti welcomes Mia's Mom so openly, answers the little girls questions after the dance, the way Mia deals with the break up and her Mother's comments etc), determination and a giving spirit..they are very good friends to each other..and that says a lot about who they are..
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 06-29-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post

Oh and this must be the standing frame sponsor segment...a big plug with 2 gilrls demonstrating..and a lot of sales for them I am sure. Hate standing..never do it..never will..I just get to dizzy and want to pass out...

Overall, I find a lot of class (the way Auti welcomes Mia's Mom so openly, answers the little girls questions after the dance, the way Mia deals with the break up and her Mother's comments etc), determination and a giving spirit..they are very good friends to each other..and that says a lot about who they are..
    thats just it all gimps should stand. its prob the single most important thing we can do. so i was thrilled to see that emphasiszed.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Just want to mention in case some folks don't already know, Comcast has all five episodes now on On Demand. I've seen them all. I'll keep watching. It's the only show on TV I know about that has people in chairs and they are not AB actors. I'll keep watching.