Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: New reality TV show PUSH GIRLS on SUNDANCE

I've just seen the first episode today. I did go "grrr" when Angela said paraplegics are paralyzed from the waist down.
    And what did she mean when she said dysreflexia could cause blood pressure to go DOWN as well as up?!
    Sorry if this has been mentioned, I haven't read all of this thread.

Not sure what to think so far, I need to see the other episodes.

well now we know why angela says she needs 24 hour care she cannot get around in a manual chair. she's a decade post injury, it's way past time to give up the vanity and be much more independent in a power chair. I wonder if she knows about the Mitrofanoff procedure?
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky View Post
    well now we know why angela says she needs 24 hour care she cannot get around in a manual chair. she's a decade post injury, it's way past time to give up the vanity and be much more independent in a power chair. I wonder if she knows about the Mitrofanoff procedure?
    Is it because she does intermittent cathing and needs help?

There definitely needs more balance on the show. Having a couple of quads with different levels and function would hav given a much broader and better perspective. It seems they are missing (or neglecting/ignoring) great opportunities, some which I thought they would explore much more from their promos and interviews, for a the easier, lazy, gimmicky approach.

I've become very bored with the show already. I'll continue to watch it so I can conquer those damn stairs like they do but I could seriously put it on mute while watching and not feel like I missed anything. Drama Queens to my ear but Rock Stars to my eyes.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I'll weigh in.... I saw it for the first time last night and downloaded all the episodes off of sundance (on directv)

I love it!

1) it's a reality show
    2) it's got girls in chairs in it

IN THAT ORDER. As long as you remember that, its cool. No reality show depicts, well, reality! But to have 4 wheelers on TV presented in a positive light? As capable and sexy and fun? Bring it girls! Is it perfect? Nope. But you gotta start somewhere, and I like this one as a start.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    So, a para whose feet are never going to touch the lane floors rents bowling shoes? Why? I'm sure most of America is bright enough to wonder the same thing, and how absurd it was. Years ago I belonged to a para/quad bowling league and one of the few perks was NOT having to rent smelly shoes and wonder if they had been properly sprayed down between uses. Not a big deal, and certainly not as silly as many of the mixed messages in this show, but another "what?" moment for sure.
    Geez, next they'll go to a roller rink and rent skates.

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    I've become very bored with the show already. I'll continue to watch it so I can conquer those damn stairs like they do but I could seriously put it on mute while watching and not feel like I missed anything. Drama Queens to my ear but Rock Stars to my eyes.
    THANK YOU. I thought it was because I was a guy, but man is the show boring. They need a "Push Guys" that has interesting stuff like Pawn Stars and American Restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    THANK YOU. I thought it was because I was a guy, but man is the show boring. They need a "Push Guys" that has interesting stuff like Pawn Stars and American Restoration.

Haha. That's what my husband said too. I love watching them physically but don't enjoy their conversations. I noticed quickly that I wasn't learning anything from their verbal interactions but have been motivated by them physically. Mastering those damn stairs is on my bucket list!
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

At least half of the women here find the show boring. It seems fairly mixed between men and women.

offroader - I agree, the show will be better on mute. From what I've seen, they aren't very bright or interesting. But unlike you, I don't find then physically inspiring at all - their gimmicks and antics are almost embarrassing to watch.

They promote the show as NOT just another reality show, so they completely misrepresent what they and the show is about if it's just the typical reality show filler (albeit on wheels). If they want to be reality stars, no biggie, be the next best dumb reality star... just stop talking about how it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    From what I've seen, they aren't very bright or interesting.
    Like I never even made it to ... like ... the second episode, ya know what I mean?