Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: New reality TV show PUSH GIRLS on SUNDANCE

this last episode was pretty good. auti's religious bs was soo annoying. chosen? are you fucking kidding me?
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Wow. Tiphany & Chelsea are smoking hot!! All of them are sexy, but those are my two fav
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

This was probably my favorite episode so far because it was so substantive. It had natural, rather than artificial, drama that brought out a more thoughtful, less parties-and-shoe-shopping side of the girls. The issues seemed to be treated fairly responsibly, too.

It seems like there's something complicating about Angela's injury that we don't know about. She did say she could move her arm enough to use a powerchair before her surgery, so she's not saying she was completely paralyzed from neck down with a C/4-5. I remember the past couple episodes people on this thread were talking about how she said she needed much more care and was much more reliant than her level and function would suggest. Is it possible that she didn't adapt her care routine much after her surgery and is still relying on old patterns or something? I just can't shake the feeling that there's more to the story.

I got to see Auti at the Chicago Abilities Expo last week. For as superficial as the show appears to be (I've only watched the first episode on Hulu, then read comments on here about the next ones), she was really awesome. It was so neat to see the kids' and adults' faces light up when they joined her in the wheelchair dancing demo. She really made a lot of people feel good about themselves. I didn't get up the nerve to join them, but I wish I had!

Quote Originally Posted by retto76 View Post
    I got to see Auti at the Chicago Abilities Expo last week. For as superficial as the show appears to be (I've only watched the first episode on Hulu, then read comments on here about the next ones), she was really awesome. It was so neat to see the kids' and adults' faces light up when they joined her in the wheelchair dancing demo. She really made a lot of people feel good about themselves. I didn't get up the nerve to join them, but I wish I had!
    If you know, is she traveling as a paid employee of Colours?

I have no idea on that. The wheelchair dancers were out at the Chicago Expo last summer, but I'm not sure if she was one of them. This year there were a few rolling around in Colours chairs, and Auti was obviously promoting Push Girls there too. I only went on Friday, but on Saturday, they were going to show a sneak peek at an upcoming episode.

Is it in chicago at the same time every year? I'd love to go, next year I'll have to save up some money in advance.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Is it in chicago at the same time every year? I'd love to go, next year I'll have to save up some money in advance.
    Lin, you have to go to an Abilities Expo. I've seen video and the one in Los Angeles seems like the biggest and the best. I went to San Jose which is local (somewhat) to me. I wish there had been more to see but I saw a lot. I really want to go this year too but I can't figure how I'll get down there so I may miss it.

It's awesome to see all the equipment and to see so many wheelies. It was a chance for me to feel a more normal, my normal. That's one reason I envy the women on Push Girls, the chance to be around peers so much.

I'm so going to the LA one next year! I live three blocks from the convention center where they hold it, but I was giving my university senior recital the day after so I was stuck in rehearsals. There were wheelers and dis people all over my neighborhood, though; cool to see

Quote Originally Posted by chaiale View Post
    I'm so going to the LA one next year! I live three blocks from the convention center where they hold it, but I was giving my university senior recital the day after so I was stuck in rehearsals. There were wheelers and dis people all over my neighborhood, though; cool to see
    I envy you. That Abilities Expo looks great. It's huge. The one up here (Northern California) was like a tiny hobby show but some big vendors were there. We didn't have anythink like you got down south though. Almost makes me think about taking the trip down there just for the show. I don't know how I could swing it but it's a thought. I think you'll really enjoy it. Oh advice you didn't ask for - don't believe all the things the vendors tell you about how great their stuff is and how awful and dangerous and likely to fail everyone else's is. Keep a skeptical eye and judge for yourself. Even the best stuff isn't right for everyone so figure out what works for you.