Page 30 of 41 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: New reality TV show PUSH GIRLS on SUNDANCE

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    But My Gimpy Life is fiction and comedy.
    As opposed to Push Girls which is what, a documentary? It's called reality tv, but it's still scripted.

i still luv this show. mia, tiffany and the newly injured girl. great representation of how being fit focused can help your life. still not a fan of that quad chick, very needy and dependant.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Just watched episode #7. I'm trying to figure out the timing because if they were at last years Abilities Expo in San Jose, I was there too. I don't remember if I met any of them, I did see some women dressed .. provacatively, talking about Colours chairs. I wonder if Auti spoke to me, one of the women did. I was at the show to see equipment and I wouldn't have been interested in seeing any dancing even if I knew about it. Well, small world maybe since it could be I did meet some of them.

I'll keep watching the show and wishing the episodes were longer. They seemed rushed in a 30 minute spot. Didn't like this one as much as the last but it's good that they spoke openly about sex though devos are going to lose their minds watching the scene. Guess it's the same thing any actors face, some fans are going to have interesting thoughts about you. I got a mesage from a man who watched one of my Youtube videos and I am still disturbed by it, one of the reasons I blocked comments but I guess if you're going to be seen, you gotta be tough.

Looking forward to the next episode. It's great to see wheelchair users actually on tv. I wonder if there will be even more disability on tv, I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    I've got family in Saranac Lake and Albion down near you. I think New York is a better state than it is a city.
    Can't wait to spend some time in the Adirondacks in a few weeks. The mountain air is so refreshing. = ]

stems cells, therapy, acceptance, sexuality, childbirth, love, "separation", break ups...this show is doing great...I have cried many times..Auti training for and winning dance competion was exhilarating, Angela meeting with Reeve research and talking about her desire to feel a face of a loved one again, Mia is so calm, steady and mature.an admirable woman all around....Chelsie's fall and the going back out again to dance was a tough and moving scene...to see our own struggles lived out is surreal...and while I don't relate or understand it all...I relate to parts of all of them...and that is a good thing...glad I got the series...hope it continues for years...to come.
    Last edited by sherocksandsherolls; 07-18-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

SORRY in advance. I think it is totally crap, just more reality drama finger down the throat stuff! I thought Tom Cruise in "born on the 4th of July" set us back 20 years and now this crap has done it again!
    Please note I am not all together blaming the push girls themselves but also the directors etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sherocksandsherolls View Post
    stems cells, therapy, acceptance, sexuality, childbirth, love, "separation", break ups...this show is doing great...I have cried many times..Auti training for and winning dance competion was exhilarating, Angela meeting with Reeve research and talking about her desire to feel a face of a loved one again, Mia is so calm, steady and mature.an admirable woman all around....Chelsie's fall and the going back out again to dance was a tough and moving scene...to see our own struggles lived out is surreal...and while I don't relate or understand it all...I relate to parts of all of them...and that is a good thing...glad I got the series...hope it continues for years...to come.
    x2. im still digging it. they are doing a great job. great representation imo.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Just saw episode 8. I was a little bored. Maybe the episode would be more significant to others. Looking forward to number 9 and all the rest. I want to see them out together more, doing things. Also, I know it's called Pushgirls but I wouldn't mind a bit if some guy wheelers started showing up. Actually I'd like a male version of the show or even a show that had a bunch of people with different disabilities.

Still want to know Tiphany's secret to such a trim/slim waist. The show makes me feel lazy though.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Quote Originally Posted by november View Post
    Still want to know Tiphany's secret to such a trim/slim waist. The show makes me feel lazy though.
    I thought she was a very low para and incomplete? (I'm high T complete so no chance of any toning below my chest).