Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Robbie pedaled a bike on his own!

Attachment 45301

Ok. See if this works.

I have duct tape holding weights to the bottom of this. You could also use ankle weights as well. Hope this helps.

Yes, it does help and thank you so much!

They were very easy to make. Mine are quite crewd. If I had it to do over again I would have used a bigger piece of plywood for the base and spread the wheels out further. The casters were all they had at Walmart. I used terry cloth for the cover and simple velcro straps. Easy peazy lemon squeezy. I hadn't watched those videos in a long time. Boy I have come a long way. Can't taste the finish line yet, but who even knows if there is one.

Good luck!

sorry if Im beating a dead horse here but Im still a little clueless how this works. is this more for an individual that has some function and strength in their legs? do you lay on the floor and roll this board back and forth? any chance you found that video?

thanks for your help!

Yea it keeps telling me invalid file for some reason. If you give me your email I will send them to you. You have to have movement but it can be very slight. When I first started I couldn't tell if I was moving the skate or my wife or son was moving me. And I certainly could not move otherwise. If you remove gravity and friction you may be able to move with the slightest function. If your son can push pedals he should be able to move the skates. I could move the skates long before I was able to exert energy on the FES bike. I checked online and they sell them at rehab equipment places for $60-120. I probably made mine for $9. When you see the video you will get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SharonD View Post
    sorry if Im beating a dead horse here but Im still a little clueless how this works.
    I'm with you Sharon - but keen to find out more too...

Quote Originally Posted by MFlounlacker View Post
    If you give me your email I will send them to you.
    Just sent you a PM with my email address...
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

I sent them to you today. Hope it helps.

Mark, thank you...the videos are great. I will forward to Robbies trainer, he is always looking for new ideas especially now that Robbie has pedaled that bike.

I liked when your sister said "you're not normal!". I have 2 brothers and I've said much worse!

Sharon, My family was my rock when I was at Shock Trauma and Kernan Rehab. My brothers and sisters brought me food most everyday and were so supportive of my wife and kids. They can call me whatever they want. Ha!
    I completely respect what you are going through and it sounds like your son is a beast and will not let anything stop him no matter what. But he is very lucky to have the support of his family as was I.

Push for everything be thankful for anything.