Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wired on oxy

I don't take Oxy, I've never seen it, lol, but I'm wired on pain ...waving to the rest of you that can't sleep tonight! I dread getting back in bed tonight. My hips hurt and my bed feels like concrete. Maybe I'll try the sofa, sigh...

Gary, it hurts me to read your post. I wish there was something that I could do or say to make your suffering go away. With all the BS rules and regulations, you're living something I could easily face someday. It's remarkable that you would be in a situation to suffer... honestly, I'm at a loss for words.

I'm hopeful you find a resource or ER to get your pain medication until you have money. In your situation, I would be tempted to call or email the Gov's office and ask to borrow the additional money you need since their regulations prevent you from getting a partial refill with the money you have. Explaining that it's not your fault that A-holes sell it on the streets to be abused, nor is it your fault that others die from it; you're just trying to get the medicine that helps you survive, day after day! If they deny you, offer to bring a news crew along to document how willing they are to help you get what they have prevented you from getting, your medication.

As Lynnifer said, you're not alone. Keeping you in my thoughts, Gary!

Take care!
    T

BTW, Lynnifer, I enjoy reading your posts! You have a great way of saying things and I like that you "tell it like it is"! Yet, you're very kind and caring, an asset to this site!
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

Thanks for the input Liz and Charlotte .
    I was lucky enough after last nights rant an seems to be self pity BS (also sorry I did that in afterthought) but I did have to take more valium to get to sleep but I got about 4 1/2 hrs last night which helped but its just not the normal 8 or 9 hrs I am ussually able to get without a problem .
    I just have so much going on with money problems then no money for meds and no sleep is getting me edgy..
    I wish I could get back to work to help but there is nothing out there for me right now.
    Well THank you very much for caring and replying to my rant without judging my actions..
    Thanks Much
    T-10 ,,1980,,

Gary- your situation is unfortunate and all to real for many people living in Florida. I see your city, but not certain what county you are in... Do you have Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance or no insurance? Also the county is important..... I might be able to over some advise on assistance with your meds at low to no cost clinics.

Without those other questions answered-- the best I can suggest is Catholic Charities, St. Vincent De Paul(they help with meds in most areas) and if you have a local church/parish contact them.

NOT MEDICAL advice-- The Valium can sometimes help the effects of not having the Oxy and make you slightly more comfortable and not so much like the typical withdrawal systems. But, if you have been on large doses of Oxy or long periods of time I would go the the ER and tell them the senerio so that you do not go thru detox without some type of medication as that can be very dangerous depending on many factors.

**Moderators if you feel this should be moved to another thread then please just let us know where to look for it to follow up on Gary!**

Liz, have you gotten any better? Any more wired feelings or was it just a one night thing?
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Thanks for the reply Rob , I only have medicare ..
    And I live in Port St Lucie , ST lucie county.

I have checked with a few programs and because I own my house even with a mortgage I have too many assets to get assistance.

I just have no cash flow at all after my SS If I pay bare minimum on everything I am left with $150 month . So I eat spagetti and potatoes a lot . At least sometimes when we go hog hunting I get meat in the freezer.

And I do have a cancer policy which I am expecting another check from them this week (hopefully) but I have had 5 squamous cell skin cancers cancers removed in the last 2 years so at least that check is coming soon . Only about $500.00 but man thats like hitting the lotto for me now..
    T-10 ,,1980,,

Oh and just re scanning the post made here Sorry Lynnifer I said Liz insted because you posted not Liz ( even though I added a little too much to her post..
    And I noticed your tag under your post and you have posted on my behalf a lot of times in other post and I want to thank you for the help .
    Thank you Lynnifer very much sorry I missed that but last night was a really really rough night..
    Gary
    T-10 ,,1980,,

I love it for during the day for pain and it makes it possible for me to move around better. I can not take it after 8 tops or I can't fall to sleep think it's the combo with xanax and ambien. In the middle of the night I take 1 1/2 pill and can fall back to sleep then. Medicines are weird some night I can sleep good and other nights I wake up so many times I loose count.
    It would be nice if I did not need cocktail of drugs, but that is not possible right now. Sorry to admit...
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Jeapow I have the same problems if I take the oxy too soon before I go to bed then I toss and turn before getting to sleep .
    Luckily I found not to take it to soon unless I have a long movie to watch until falling asleep..

And the tossing and turning is a pain it sometime feels like I am using a nicotene patch or something ( not sure if you ever tried those or smoke) but sometimes I wake up more tired than I did before going to sleep the night before..

I found out this week that having to stop the oxy cold turkey is something that I would not wish on anyone Jeapow.

Gary
    T-10 ,,1980,,

Gary, I can't even imagine not having the money so sorry. I am on medicaid and in Ohio my perc costs like$2,00 or so. Have you checked any pharmacy plans for people that do not have any insurance? I know when I was injured I did not have any insurance medical bills over 200G. I was not sent to a nice SCI rehab, but to a small hospital where I was the worst one in rehab, but I did get excellent care. It is so unfair that people suffer and we are dictated if we can get proper medication or therapy. I just decided I was going to try my darnest to get better.

I had to have my knee replacement I did not want to, but my leg was growing crocked so I had no choice. Now my PM is much worse. My balance is like it was when I was inured 18 mo ago. So I have to have a Myelogram done in two weeks ugg I dread it, but I am going backwards in my recovery. Good news my knee is healing well, but not my back. My family does not like my pills it is like a stigma like xanax really?? I have understanding Dr's who are quite happy writting my scripts so I will continue to do what I need to for pain. Can't smoke or I would.

I know we probably wish we could go back to who we were before on our physical body, but I know I am a much better person alot more humble and deeper faith, just maybe that was for me to learn?

Wishing you the best and hope you find some way to get your meds. Too bad DR does not have free samples hugh?
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Jeapow, yep florida is tough on getting meds or ins . I looked at the part D plans but the amount that I pay in pain meds per year is almost even after the "doughnut hole" they call it because once you spend so much on meds the stop until you reach another level of money paid out and if I remember right its around $1600 is a break even point ot where its not worth getting the plan because that money comes out of your check as well , and I am right in th middle that I would just break even getting the part D plan..
    Also I hope your knee is getting better and hope the tests come out OK for you and they can get you straightend out on your meds..
    Gary
    T-10 ,,1980,,

"Response to Painkillers Linked to Genetics" http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...-genetics?lite

It's good to know there is some research into why people can react so differently to opiate medications.