Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wired on oxy

wired on oxy

I took it 5mg with the acte. Stuff added. (out of reach) and slept zero hours.

Toll one pill tonight @ 7 and I'm wired after an extremely long productive day.
    My NIL takes it as well but in higher doses for shoulder nerve pain he is up all the time too. Coincidence or side effect?
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

I find I can't stay awake with oxycodone. That's what is so wonderful about it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Liz321 - I definitely get wired on oxy. I think part of the effect is the relief from pain and the energy that the relief brings. If I take it at 7pm or later, I am bound to stay awake longer than I want to. Still it is a great medication. Interesting how it has the opposite effect on some, like Lynnifer.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Interesting how it has the opposite effect on some, like Lynnifer.
    Ain't that the truth, it's strange how some medicines work that way with different people. I've believe it's referred to as a paradoxical effect. When I was younger I remember taking 15mg (or maybe it was 20) of adderall and falling asleep in 15 minutes.

For me 90% the time the last 10mg before bed makes me sleepy but once inawhile when I have been stressed all day it does the opposite, especially if the phone rings just as I am about to get in bed makes my adrenalin flow sounds odd I know

From talking and see in a great sea lot people--many do indeed get wired on Oxy. I am ADHD and still get wired on it. I do not use it on a regular basis anymore--I have shifted to weaker medications due to my profession. I still have it for when it is absolutely necessary. If you have never gotten wired on it before- it could of just been a rare event!
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Oxy makes me hyper as well. I love to chat and feel happy about the world then.

I had to quit taking my oxy on wednsday I only had 1 left tool it that morning because I had some work to do and have been out for the 3rd day now , I have a script but no money to fill it and the prescription shop cant fill partial orders or control stuff,, but I have only had about 6 hours sleep in 3 days.
    Last night I didnt get to sleep until 5 am and got woke up at 8:30 and tonight still cant get a wink.... evrytimt I think I am geting comfortable it feels kind of like something crwling under my skin. then roll over close my eyes and just cant sleep so I thought I would get back on here and post my stuff since nothing else to do at 2 am ...
    I am really getting to where I just do not want to wake up anymore if I could get some sleep , and I really mean never wake up again....
    T-10 ,,1980,,

Well I just took 20 mg of valium after an hour or so of checking up on posts I guess I will try to get back to bed..

I know its not my post and hate to not ad to liz 's info but I am really tired of this life it seems to be getting the best of me the last few years and think I am ready to retire it...
    T-10 ,,1980,,

5yrs longer than me ... it does get harder as we age and complications arise that are not dealt with and add up. You're not alone Gary. Right there with ya.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12