Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Why dont people seem excited about invivo therapeutics

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by boda View Post
    Where can we watch this? Incompletes?
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...&postcount=727

  2. #12
    Senior Member mj23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    490
    InVivo Therapeutics Expects to Commence Human Study after
    Meeting on IDE Filing for Biopolymer Scaffolding to Treat Spinal Cord
    Injuries

    CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (April 13, 2012) – InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp.
    (OTC/BB: NVIV), a developer of groundbreaking technologies for the treatment of
    spinal cord injuries (SCI), announced today that it held a meeting with the U.S. Food
    and Drug Administration (“FDA”) in which they discussed the Investigational Device
    Exemption (“IDE”) application previously filed by InVivo for its biopolymer scaffolding to
    treat acute spinal cord injuries.
    Following the meeting, the Company is expecting the biopolymer scaffolding device to
    be regulated under the Humanitarian Use Device/Humanitarian Device Exemption
    (HUD/HDE) pathway. Before human clinical studies can commence, the FDA must
    approve the Company’s IDE filing, for which the FDA has agreed to an open dialogue
    as part of the final process toward gaining approval. During the FDA meeting, the
    Company addressed several points in the FDA’s feedback including the proposed
    design and clinical protocol for the study.
    “This is a significant step for all patients waiting for first in-man data using biomaterials
    for spinal cord injuries,” said Frank Reynolds, InVivo’s Chief Executive Officer. “We are
    pleased that our core team of multidisciplinary scientists, led by my partner, Bob
    Langer, has had the opportunity to meet with the FDA to discuss our platform
    technology. We are encouraged by the communication we have had with the FDA to
    this point, and pending approval of the IDE, we expect the clinical trial for our treatment
    of acute spinal cord injuries to commence during the second half of 2012.”
    Later in 2012, the Company plans to submit hydrogel-based applications to the FDA for
    the treatments of SCI and chronic pain. As the industry of cell-based therapies
    advances, InVivo also intends to leverage the Company’s acute SCI treatments to
    expand to chronically injured patients. InVivo has pioneered a new treatment that uses
    a biocompatible polymer-based scaffolding to provide structural support to a damaged
    spinal cord in order to spare tissue from scarring while improving recovering and
    prognosis after a traumatic SCI. Today, there is no effective treatment for the spinal
    cord for paralysis caused by SCIs, and the market potential for acute SCI is estimated
    to be over $10 billion.
    About InVivo Therapeutics
    InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. is focused on utilizing polymers as a platform
    technology to develop treatments to improve function in individuals paralyzed as a result
    of traumatic spinal cord injury. The Company was founded in 2005 on the basis of
    C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    ...
    Were the ape studies done on chronic or acute? It's been a while, I can't really remember. Paolo probably knows, he's much more versed than I am and has gotten some responses from InVivo on their facebook page if I remember correctly.
    Marc,

    at W2W 2011 the medical director of Invivo Dr. Slokim gave a presentation that was just about acute SCI, so I said I was very disapponted as I was hoping he would have had something to present about chronic SCI since the audience had just people with chronic SCI... he was a little embarassed and then said they had few animals with SCI and they were waiting for them to get to the chronic stage to do chronic studies.
    Clearly he was lying, otherwise he would have mention that in the presentation.
    The point is that these people think we are all stupid ships who don't have the brain & the balls to ask questions, so they think they can sell us any kind of stinky BS.

    About FB if you go to their page https://www.facebook.com/invivotherapeutics look at the comments of their post on april 13. I asked them about chronics and they said by the end of the year they will have something ready to apply for an IND to the FDA. I don't believe it, but in a few months we'll find out if it is true.

    IMO InVivo will run out of money before they can finish the trial on acute as to do a trial on acute you need to recute a huge number of patient to prove efficacy wich takes also long time and lots of $.
    Just look at Geron how long did they take to recrut just 5 people??

    Then consider Mr. Raynolds said that the plan of the company is to put on the market the therapy for acute and then use the profit to develop a therapy for chronix...

    C'mon we know that's not going to work out..

    Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Marc,

    at W2W 2011 the medical director of Invivo Dr. Slokim gave a presentation that was just about acute SCI, so I said I was very disapponted as I was hoping he would have had something to present about chronic SCI since the audience had just people with chronic SCI... he was a little embarassed and then said they had few animals with SCI and they were waiting for them to get to the chronic stage to do chronic studies.
    Clearly he was lying, otherwise he would have mention that in the presentation.
    The point is that these people think we are all stupid ships who don't have the brain & the balls to ask questions, so they think they can sell us any kind of stinky BS.

    About FB if you go to their page https://www.facebook.com/invivotherapeutics look at the comments of their post on april 13. I asked them about chronics and they said by the end of the year they will have something ready to apply for an IND to the FDA. I don't believe it, but in a few months we'll find out if it is true.

    IMO InVivo will run out of money before they can finish the trial on acute as to do a trial on acute you need to recute a huge number of patient to prove efficacy wich takes also long time and lots of $.
    Just look at Geron how long did they take to recrut just 5 people??

    Then consider Mr. Raynolds said that the plan of the company is to put on the market the therapy for acute and then use the profit to develop a therapy for chronix...

    C'mon we know that's not going to work out..

    Paolo
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

    "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

  5. #15

    Books?

    I am pretty sure Mr. Renyolds read lots of books to figure out a way to help himself and others with SCIs. He was a one in a million kinda guy buy getting feeling back for no particular reason. I'm glad he is doing something because he didn't have to do anything.

  6. #16
    the video i watched where mr. reynolds told his story about reading books and curing himself was pretty funny stuff...i guess he's supposed to be inspirational...

  7. #17
    Senior Member Schmeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    West Monroe, LA, USA
    Posts
    3,416
    Reynolds got a HUGE increase in pay when his company went public. He is like 99% of all researchers, he will say anything to keep his company funded.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post


    Just look at Geron how long did they take to recrut just 5 people??



    Paolo
    speaking of this, i just recently learned that i was offered a spot in a clinical trial. and giving the time of my injury, it certainly had to be geron's. but my point here is, i completely dont remember them offering this to me. its said that it was offered and i declined. so the way they are going about recruiting may be the problem. invivo may have a different game plan. idk.

    but back on topic, the more i watch these news channel appearances of this guy, the more i cant stand it. i think the guy that claims he was paralyzed and healed himself from reading about it is a straight up liar about it all, including this chronic claim they are making.
    i hope i am wrong. id love to know that no one has to live like this any more.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by rkaufman15 View Post
    I am pretty sure Mr. Renyolds read lots of books to figure out a way to help himself and others with SCIs. He was a one in a million kinda guy buy getting feeling back for no particular reason. I'm glad he is doing something because he didn't have to do anything.
    he is trying to make money out of other people's misery
    reading books and cured himself as if
    why doesn't he sell us the books then..

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by peterf View Post
    he is trying to make money out of other people's misery
    reading books and cured himself as if
    why doesn't he sell us the books then..

    Btw - did anyone spot any connection between InVivo device and Karolinska Sweden Trial device or it's all coincidence?
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

    Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Similar Threads

  1. InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp.
    By manouli in forum Cure
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 07:07 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 06:10 PM
  3. The G20, Martin Luther King, and Invivo Therapeutics
    By StemCells&AtomBombs in forum Funding, Legislation, & Advocacy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-10-2010, 09:00 AM
  4. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-05-2010, 06:09 AM
  5. about InVivo Therapeutics co.
    By manouli in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 12:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •