Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why dont people seem excited about invivo therapeutics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Why dont people seem excited about invivo therapeutics

Not saying that I am but im wondering why there doesnt seem to be much chatter? do people not believe in there work. i saw a video where they stated they've done primate tests. anyone hear about those results?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post
    Not saying that I am but im wondering why there doesnt seem to be much chatter? do people not believe in there work. i saw a video where they stated they've done primate tests. anyone hear about those results?
    On a scale of 1 - 10(10 being most excited) i'm at a 5. If it wasnt for Dr. Robert Langer I would be at a 3. Reynolds recovery story is the stuff of slick oil salesmen. He suffers a SCI, reads lots of books and cures himself??????? I guess I dont want it bad enough or i'm reading the wrong books. Oh and the cash grab he made when InVivo went public is another worry for me. Dr. Langer is a very respected and intelligent man in the science and tech industry with a long history of making good technologies happen.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Yeah, Ive always wondered why they catch so much crap around here as well. I posted a thread a while ago about theyre FDA approval and immediately got dubbed an "investor" and people scoffed at the upcoming trial.

A big part of it is that theyre focused on acutes right now with their scaffolding, I think. Even though theyve also done studies on the scaffolding combined with autologus hNSCs in chronics and have plans to use their clinical in acutes as a bridge to chronic treatment. I think we're all sick of acute studies/clinics and ready for people to focus on chronics.

I also never understood the Reynolds hate, but it's pretty wide spread so there's obviously some merit behind it I never read the books cured me crap, but when I was reading up on him and the company I came away with the impression that he had a very low lvl injury and basically sat on his ass for a few years and finally got the motivation to do therapy and spontaneosly recovered.

Bottom line is he's a business guy and InVivo is a publicly traded company so people don't trust their motives, understandably. Im real excited about them though because despite all the talk and studies going on in rats, these guys are actually getting stuff going in humans, albiet in acute sci. Yeah, it isn't a clinical trial for chronic sci but it sure as hell is a step in the right direction.

Were the ape studies done on chronic or acute? It's been a while, I can't really remember. Paolo probably knows, he's much more versed than I am and has gotten some responses from InVivo on their facebook page if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcT View Post
    Were the ape studies done on chronic or acute? It's been a while, I can't really remember. Paolo probably knows, he's much more versed than I am and has gotten some responses from InVivo on their facebook page if I remember correctly.
    Marc,

at W2W 2011 the medical director of Invivo Dr. Slokim gave a presentation that was just about acute SCI, so I said I was very disapponted as I was hoping he would have had something to present about chronic SCI since the audience had just people with chronic SCI... he was a little embarassed and then said they had few animals with SCI and they were waiting for them to get to the chronic stage to do chronic studies.
    Clearly he was lying, otherwise he would have mention that in the presentation.
    The point is that these people think we are all stupid ships who don't have the brain & the balls to ask questions, so they think they can sell us any kind of stinky BS.

About FB if you go to their page https://www.facebook.com/invivotherapeutics look at the comments of their post on april 13. I asked them about chronics and they said by the end of the year they will have something ready to apply for an IND to the FDA. I don't believe it, but in a few months we'll find out if it is true.

IMO InVivo will run out of money before they can finish the trial on acute as to do a trial on acute you need to recute a huge number of patient to prove efficacy wich takes also long time and lots of $.
    Just look at Geron how long did they take to recrut just 5 people??

Then consider Mr. Raynolds said that the plan of the company is to put on the market the therapy for acute and then use the profit to develop a therapy for chronix...

C'mon we know that's not going to work out..

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Marc,

at W2W 2011 the medical director of Invivo Dr. Slokim gave a presentation that was just about acute SCI, so I said I was very disapponted as I was hoping he would have had something to present about chronic SCI since the audience had just people with chronic SCI... he was a little embarassed and then said they had few animals with SCI and they were waiting for them to get to the chronic stage to do chronic studies.
    Clearly he was lying, otherwise he would have mention that in the presentation.
    The point is that these people think we are all stupid ships who don't have the brain & the balls to ask questions, so they think they can sell us any kind of stinky BS.

About FB if you go to their page https://www.facebook.com/invivotherapeutics look at the comments of their post on april 13. I asked them about chronics and they said by the end of the year they will have something ready to apply for an IND to the FDA. I don't believe it, but in a few months we'll find out if it is true.

IMO InVivo will run out of money before they can finish the trial on acute as to do a trial on acute you need to recute a huge number of patient to prove efficacy wich takes also long time and lots of $.

Then consider Mr. Raynolds said that the plan of the company is to put on the market the therapy for acute and then use the profit to develop a therapy for chronix...

C'mon we know that's not going to work out..

Paolo
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post

Paolo
    speaking of this, i just recently learned that i was offered a spot in a clinical trial. and giving the time of my injury, it certainly had to be geron's. but my point here is, i completely dont remember them offering this to me. its said that it was offered and i declined. so the way they are going about recruiting may be the problem. invivo may have a different game plan. idk.

but back on topic, the more i watch these news channel appearances of this guy, the more i cant stand it. i think the guy that claims he was paralyzed and healed himself from reading about it is a straight up liar about it all, including this chronic claim they are making.
    i hope i am wrong. id love to know that no one has to live like this any more.

i actually read the above linked post before but i haven't read about this 'reading to a cure'? is that one of there claims? if they go public and there results suck there stock will plummet like a rock so going public is no sign of a cash grab unless there was massive insider selling the minute they went public.

after the fall of geron what else do we really have? is science reaching the point where we're giving up on sci? will they just cure rats for the next century?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S View Post

after the fall of geron what else do we really have? is science reaching the point where we're giving up on sci? will they just cure rats for the next century?
    Wise Young had said earlier today in a live webcast that they had a couple patients in the higher dosage group up and walking. so thats where my hope is.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Wise Young had said earlier today in a live webcast that they had a couple patients in the higher dosage group up and walking. so thats where my hope is.
    Where can we watch this? Incompletes?