Thread: TiLite ZRA2 -- Adjusting Center Of Gravity

TiLite ZRA2 -- Adjusting Center Of Gravity

Hi there,
    I'm so sick of waiting for my "wheel-chair guy" to do fixes. He comes to my area once a week and is really slow...

I have a friend and my younger brother and myself who are capable of adjusting the chair...

I just don't know how? is there a manual or an instructional somewhere?

All I need is an allan key and a philips screw driver right?

I want to change my COG. Because When I am wheeling right now, the force pushes me into a wheelie. It's too easy to pop a wheelie, even just leaning back. I want to still pop wheelies (to jump curbs) but I also want it to be harder so when I put my weight into a PUSH the chair goes forward instead of tipping back; now I am leaning forward and pushing to accomodate this and it gets tiring.

so? how do I do it?

I wanted to learn how to do this too so I didn't have to wait. Found this and other TiLite vids on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqlvohllnS4

Do anyone know what is the gadget that use to measure toe in/out at timeline 2:46 ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Did you buy the chair used. The manuals consume about 1/3 of their text on warnings to exempt the DME and manufacturer from liability. A DME would have to be crazy to supply a new chair w/o a manual. It would open them up to lawsuits the 1st time you did a wheelie, fell over, and sustained a closed head injury. I have always been tempted to tear out all these cover your ass pages from the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Did you buy the chair used. The manuals consume about 1/3 of their text on warnings to exempt the DME and manufacturer from liability. A DME would have to be crazy to supply a new chair w/o a manual. It would open them up to lawsuits the 1st time you did a wheelie, fell over, and sustained a closed head injury. I have always been tempted to tear out all these cover your ass pages from the manual.
    You can download all the TiLite manuals from their website in PDF form. There are instructions in there on how to change the COG.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    Do anyone know what is the gadget that use to measure toe in/out at timeline 2:46 ?
    I couldn't find one like it on line, but it's called a Camber Tube Level. Attachment 45172
    It's a tool sized to fit the flats on the camber plugs, and it has a level bubble on top to show when the flats are vertical. I don't know where to get one. I use an adjustable square to check my toe.
    Attachment 45171
    Last edited by chasmengr; 06-05-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I couldn't find one like it on line, but it's called a Camber Tube Level. Attachment 45172
    It's a tool sized to fit the flats on the camber plugs, and it has a level bubble on top to show when the flats are vertical. I don't know where to get one. I use an adjustable square to check my toe.
    Attachment 45171
    Thanks info
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.