Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recent Spinal Cord injury from intoxication

Jennifer, when I was first injured I was on morphine and had really weird hallucinations. My room was in a trailer with a hot tub and a male nurse in the tub with 2 hookers and too busy to give me my meds. Also the room on fire, meeting with the med flight pilot, trips to the Rockies and camping in stairwells. Some really strange thoughts. Once I was off of the morphine these stopped. I did my rehab in ATL at the Shepherd Ctr and they are really great. They have living quarters for the families on site. Best of luck! You can find my number in directory assistance if you think I can be of help to you!

im really sorry you are going through this. your dad is really lucky. it sounds like there is a chance he can recover some of his body back. He is probably on I.V alcohol, and not enough to satisfy his body and its dependency on it. just enough to keep him from going into a kind of withdrawal shock that would kill him. the hallucinations are normal for someone with severe alcohol dependency, who is detoxing.

I hope that he is in long enough to fully detox, or they are aware of his need for detox when they send him to rehab.

This horrible accident may have actually given him a second chance at a different life.

when he is well enough to understand you can tell him about this place. he can find answers and support here. also if you don't mind, can you private message his first name to me? I would like to pray for him and for you.

I know what it is like to have a daddy who is drunk. what it does and how it feels to not be able to convince a daddy not to drink like that. My dad and grandpa died from drinking. My grandpa was not found in time when he fell while on a bender. He broke his neck too. He had driven everyone away from him with angry words and terrible accusations, so no one was there for him like you are for your dad.
    you will remain in my thoughts.