Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Icon Wheelchairs - wider wing now available

I need that wing Jeff, I never got the leg things you said you sent. I my legs are really digging into the regular wing. I really don't want to get a sore on my legs

Is the wider wing now standard? I just ordered a chair and was wondering.

@arod636 - I'll check with Christian - he was the one sending them, and I'll put you on the list for the wider wing.

@StarLord - There's an option on the order form for either the standard or wide wing.

Thanks jeff

@StarLord - send me a pm with who you are in the real world if you want me to match your order with the wider wing option.

jeff@iconwheelchairs.com

Are there others, possibly those with hemparesis/hemiplegia, interested in an Icon who need flip-up footrests to propel with one foot, and to make transfers easier?

I'm wondering if the wider wing might somehow accomodate flip-up footrests. I can imagine that the footrest is critical for the structural integrity of the frame, but if there was an option for this it would be great.

Of course this does beg the question of how to deal with the IC-ON logo;-).
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Icon sidegaurds

I don't think I can transfer over those fixed sidegaurds are there removable ones as a option. Thanks

Good question. they can probably be simply modified to be removable. I took mine off for the same reason.
    Do you need both removable or only one?

Sorry, can't answer you question. Here some photo's of the sideguardsIcon Wheelchairs Production Photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinky1675 View Post
    I don't think I can transfer over those fixed sidegaurds are there removable ones as a option. Thanks
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Sorry, can't answer you question. Here some photo's of the sideguardsIcon Wheelchairs Production Photos.
    actually, this is what the sideguards look like; they bolt on to the components that you're referring to.