Thread: handcycle advice

handcycle advice

Hi all,
    I am looking into buying a handcycle I would like to ask for some advice. I have read through many posts in this forum, search on-line, and tried 3 bikes (top end force, quickie shark and Lasher ATH).
    I am planning to use the bike mostly or recreational and exercising purposes, although I would also like to enter some races in the future if I achieve the necessary endurance. I will for sure use it in trails which are not in great shape so I think I want to get one of the off-road bikes. From all the information I have gathered I have come down to three models: Lasher ATH, Intrepid MTB tourer and FRH-1 (I know this last one is not classified as an off-road bike but I have seen videos in this forum of someone using it off-road and it seemed to work well, plus I dont plant to get into the woods).
    I got the chance to try a Lasher and I really liked it but I see it is substantially more expensive than the rest, $5,000 standard plus millions of options to keep adding. Also, their order form offers many options in terms of measurements, which I dont know if it is a good thing or a bad one (since you may not know what are the best options for you without using it for a while).
    What are your recommendations regarding these 3 bikes?
    Thank you very much for your help.

Well, if you live anywhere near me (in Georgia) you can come take a ride on my Intrepid.

I am taking it off-road for the first time this weekend with my friend Kenny Herriot....I'll tell you if it sux or not.

Thanks Mark. Unfortunately, I live in MA. But please let me know how your excursion goes!

Has anyone used the FRH-1 off-road? I dont plan on going on very hard terrain.