Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spinal Cord Society news

Spinal Cord Society news

Just because I like these guys.
    They were all about cure 30 years ago from the get go.

It's a three pronged combo therapy.

Here is an article
    http://m.yumasun.com/opinion/researc...inal-cord.html

And here is the abstract for it.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/22516110/
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

SC@AB, sorry, didn't get it,- you play the fool or you really not see that these bastards just jeer at us?

Jeer at us?

I don’t know about that they are not interested in CARE and focus all their efforts towards a cure.

I reasonably sure I can quote Young and even the SCS stating that there will be no magic bullet but a combination of therapies. And this just looks like another that they appear to be having success with.

So all I can say Good Luck to them as we wilkl all benefit in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS View Post
    Jeer at us?

I don’t know about that they are not interested in CARE and focus all their efforts towards a cure.

I reasonably sure I can quote Young and even the SCS stating that there will be no magic bullet but a combination of therapies. And this just looks like another that they appear to be having success with.

So all I can say Good Luck to them as we wilkl all benefit in the long run.
    CAS, forget the trolls that come to carecure to post their idiot trash in the cure threads. You are correct. The SCS has a lab in Fort Collins, Colorado that is financed strictly by donations from various chapters around the country. Their sole purpose is to find a cure for chronic spinal cord injury with a combination approach. They do not do any research on care issues, but are instead focused on chronic sci without using any government funding. I also wish them the best of success with their strategies.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 05-25-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Well, continue to carry them money,-tail nerve electrical stimulation is not a cheap pleasure, and have a good time,-after all, money is not everything. Grammy, special thanks for "troll" and "idiot trash", in anger you are especially charming.

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    Well, continue to carry them money,-tail nerve electrical stimulation is not a cheap pleasure, and have a good time,-after all, money is not everything. Grammy, special thanks for "troll" and "idiot trash", in anger you are especially charming.
    I am not a fan of the electrical stimulation either, but you'll see that this is a combination therapy and the electrical stimulation is just one part.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

SC@AB, what we'll see we'll find out when we'll see, no more and no less. My point of view is that the "sole purpose" of "their strategies" is living at the expense of the badly suffering people, and yes, at that they have not "the best of" but certain "success".
    CAS, I suggest you forget the SCS and, if you have the wish and the means, follow lunasicc42's example and donate to Jerry Silver,-these investments will pay off, and rather sooner than later.
    Last edited by kivi66; 05-26-2012 at 05:26 PM.

While agree with Kivi66 that Jerry Silver would be our best investment for a cure I don't think I agree with him about the SCS. My take is that while their science may not always be the absolute cutting edge they do have their heart in the right place and the money goes to cure. The founder was Charles Carson who had a spinal cord injury and worked tirelessly to find a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by kivi66 View Post
    SC@AB, sorry, didn't get it,- you play the fool or you really not see that these bastards just jeer at us?
    Can you ellaborate a little bit on that?
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

chris and kivi, we can watch every endeavour to find a cure or improvement. sooner or later we will see a successful therapy and all the others will be left behind. We've posted before about useless seminars and time consuming fund raisers that yield absoultey nothing. the one thing about silver; he is working in matrix where clinical trials are now occurring. clevland is a place where they WANT to bring therapies to fruit asap. their incredible work on ms is very promising. I'm sure Dr Silver does not want to be left behind. We're in the game, we know some of the rules, and the players will come to the top.

anthony