Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have the Down Under Bag?

I just saw an Icon in person, and there definitely isn't room for the flat down under bag (nor the type I have, which is same company but not flat).

I think that you might be able to mount something like this tight up against the seat pan, there are some pre-drilled holes so you can attach it (maybe zip ties?)

http://www.amazon.com/Jandd-Bike-Bag.../dp/B004LGKBPI

(this is just a quick example of a small bike bag that probably wouldn't swing around).

When I carry stuff on my lap I try to put it between my legs. Helps stabilize my legs, and makes people less likely to grab (or even notice that something is there).

Quote Originally Posted by 2TiRods View Post
    I have been using the flat pac WH180 for a little over 1 year now. I really like it. It tucks up under the seat pan and is held on by velcro. I have not had any issues with it at all. I put my catheters and phone in the larger pocket and keep my wallet and keys in the smaller pockets. If you ever get down to SJ/Gilroy, you can check mine out to see if you like it.
    Thanks for the feedback. I do think the bag would be great but I need to get my Icon and look around under the seatpan and see the frame, try to figure if I could use the flat pac WH180. I am so sick of my swinging under seat pouch. I can't find anything in it anyway. I want to make the chair sleeker than I've got my Tilite TR set up. Should have the new chair some time next week. Thanks for the help :-)

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant27 View Post
    I just saw an Icon in person, and there definitely isn't room for the flat down under bag (nor the type I have, which is same company but not flat).

I think that you might be able to mount something like this tight up against the seat pan, there are some pre-drilled holes so you can attach it (maybe zip ties?)

http://www.amazon.com/Jandd-Bike-Bag.../dp/B004LGKBPI

(this is just a quick example of a small bike bag that probably wouldn't swing around).

When I carry stuff on my lap I try to put it between my legs. Helps stabilize my legs, and makes people less likely to grab (or even notice that something is there).
    Jgrant, not sure about getting into that bag but it's an idea, thanks. I also found this http://www.biketiresdirect.com/produ...dd-tire-bag-ii bag from the same company. I'll know better when I have the chair at my place. Who knows what my final solution will be :-) In the end, maybe I will need to go with what Jeff has. I definitely want to solve the problem of having to bend down to get things. That's been sucking for years. I want to mount something right under the seatpan if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    There are some comments and alternatives on this thread:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=127341

I searched the Care Cure site using the search terms: storage bag underneath wheelchair. There may be other threads.

All the best,
    GJ
    GJ, thanks for the tip on the thread. I looked through it and didn't find a solution for me. I've been using an underseat pouch for 17 years and they've never really worked for me. I'm just now doing something about it. Getting a new chair I think is going to better and I want to make everything else I use with the chair better too. So sick of bending. So tired of digging in the dark with my fingers trying to find something. I'll figure something out I hope. I am so old I have decided everything just needs to be easier. Rough and tumble is a young man's game. I'm ready for my leisure suit .. well not quite ;-)