Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the Down Under Bag?

Anyone have the Down Under Bag?

This bag looks perfect to replace the bulky swinging Quickie under te seat pouch I have now but I'd like to know if anyone has tried it. Let me know what you think.

http://www.advantagebag.com/wheelcha...nder_bags2.htm

I'm referring to the flat bag at the top of the page. It's sits flush under the seatpan.

I have one like the down under shelf, the bottom image, and I like it a lot.
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

I keep a cafeteria tray stowed under my seat pan (like the top pic). It's always available for carrying food/drink in my lap.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I've been using the "WH175 Deluxe Down Under" for about 12-15 years. I can fit a lot of stuff in there.

crappler I don't think something open like that would work for me.
    Chas That's an interesting idea but maybe heavy. I already care a bunch of stuff, want less.
    Smokey Yeah that's kind of what I have and I'm trying to get away from it. Hard to find my stuff and the bad is always swining. I like the flat bag attached under the seatpan but I'm getting my Icon soon and I don't know if it would fit. Should be another week and I'll have the Icon and I can find out.

Hey Grommet,

I was confused about your "open" comment, but I looked at the image and realize what you mean now.

The one that I have is NOT open like that.
    Here's a link
    http://www.adaptabledesigns.com/unwheelpac.html
    Rollin' since '89. Complete C8

Quote Originally Posted by Crappler View Post
    Hey Grommet,

I was confused about your "open" comment, but I looked at the image and realize what you mean now.

The one that I have is NOT open like that.
    Here's a link
    http://www.adaptabledesigns.com/unwheelpac.html
    Thanks, that makes more sense. That bag definitely wouldn't work with an Icon though because of the shock housing. I'm leaning pretty hard towards the flat down-under bag. It may not fit right under the seatpan but I may be able to mount it lower. Then again I might also try Jeff's solution, it's some kind of bicycle under-the-saddle bag. The only problem I saw there was the only way to get into it is to remove it. It has a quick-release but I didn't like the idea of having my wallet, ID, keys, door opener to my place, all in a bag sitting on my lap. I'd be so nervous about someone just reaching over and running off with it.

I mentioned that to Jeff when he and Mark and I were having hamburgers. I said, aren't you worried some one is going to take it? He held up his giant arms and looking at each one said, "I've got Steel and Justice." I swear the look on his face made me think he wanted someone to try and take his stuff ;-)

I have been using the flat pac WH180 for a little over 1 year now. I really like it. It tucks up under the seat pan and is held on by velcro. I have not had any issues with it at all. I put my catheters and phone in the larger pocket and keep my wallet and keys in the smaller pockets. If you ever get down to SJ/Gilroy, you can check mine out to see if you like it.

Last edited by 2TiRods; 05-24-2012 at 06:59 PM. Reason: duplicate post

There are some comments and alternatives on this thread:
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=127341

I searched the Care Cure site using the search terms: storage bag underneath wheelchair. There may be other threads.

All the best,
    GJ