Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: am very afraid, nurses please help

tyvm everybody. i have a very good female gyn. last thursday she did the whole scope thing. i'd think she would have seen possible prolapse then? i'll ask her. the pelvic pain has been bad, but am afraid of all the pain pills. guess i'll have to get over that. biopsy not in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    tyvm everybody. i have a very good female gyn. last thursday she did the whole scope thing. i'd think she would have seen possible prolapse then? i'll ask her. the pelvic pain has been bad, but am afraid of all the pain pills. guess i'll have to get over that. biopsy not in yet.
    One gyn told me my prolapse wasn't bad enough, the other did my surgery because she said it was really bad.

Cass, it can be the ligaments that hold the insides up. That is what my urogyn said that the ligaments in time stretch. Not necessarily that there is something wrong with your uterus.

She would have probably told you if she seen prolapse.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I hate pain pills too.
    for one they are something people like to steal. This is a one pill a day slow release constant small dose. It works so much better than vicodin, and Im not bugged out on it, and I dont want to rob a pharmacy or anything. I am thinking in temporary terms here. you need to think clearly, and you are in too much pain to think clearly if you are thinking of checking out.

Id worry it were a better way to off yourself, but I think you just need proper pain relief. I have had a cracked pelvis, and torn si joints. still presents pain.
    as well as the relaxed ligaments that hold the pelvis together. I had a lot of bruising though, black an blue, and if I took some pain med and didnt move much, it didnt hurt as bad.

the ovary pain, or gut pain would never go away, and I was doubled over and moaning. it felt better to push on it a little.
    bad shoulder pain with that kind of writhing pain is an emergency, as well as hard belly and fever.
    My friend broke her femur near the hip, and it felt like hip and pelvic pain. again though, lots of black and blue, swelling, and if she didnt move it didnt hurt. She is a quadriplegic, with MS.
    her blood pressure kept dropping when her leg hurt, so they took her to the ER. she has osteo everything, so when she complains of pain they start exrays and usually find something broken. usually from a not so smooth transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by jody View Post
    beth is right about the od. I saw a couple when I checked in the bin for a month after my accident recovery didnt go as I planned and I got all self destructive, but with small kids, I decided to treat the thoughts.

What treated my suicidal thinking was seeing the failed attempts, and seeing folks who really did let go of their mind. they just let go, and someone else was in charge of them. No Bueno!

don't give up cass.

Ya, them vicodin od's was as yellow as #5 golden procion dye.

ODs are an ugly business, whether "successful" or not. If nothing else, suicide can be unbearable for those left behind. That kind of survivor guilt is one helluva burden.

Jody knows her dyes and that particular Procion is a color no human should ever be. The yellow skin color externally visible pales by comparison to how the person who overdosed feels. Nothing is no awful it cannot be made at last a little worse. (The same may be said conversely, too. Things can always improve in some fashion no matter how low a bottom.) Pulling through an overdose is a nasty little ride physically, spiritually, financially, emotionally, intellectually.

Cass, keep pushing for answers and treatment. While we are not with you physically, we are with you in spirit and in heart. Sending **hugs** to you tonight.

If you are concerned about taking the pain meds, consider asking someone else to help you monitor your use. Pain meds are sometimes necessary, Cass. Talk to your gyno about your pain levels, your desperation, your depression and your fear about what you are experiencing.

If your pelvis is fractured, that alone is a bitch. There is no pain quite like bone pain. Even with decreased to no sensation, it hurts. A lot. You can have the pain in other places in your body other than the actual injury. Referred pain is terrible.

Have you been having AD to go with the newer pain? Keep nitro paste (or whatever you keep on hand to deal with AD) close at hand.

Keep us posted on test results, okay?

just to be clear, this was not a clarion call to suicide. i was asking ppl like LTF where the line is for ppl who believe it is best.

no, i haven't had AD, mem, which is surprising to me. i haven't had many AD episodes in 26 yrs and those have all be cath blockage. i am mostly concerned that nobody will dx me. i will call my pcp. i can no longer tell if i have a uti because of this, when i could always tell before.

i can no longer tell if i have a uti because of this, when i could always tell before.
    This is a telling sign too Cass. I could not either when it was the worst. The pain gets so bad...UTI pain is a picnic compared.

The pain does get to a point you cannot focus. I was just discussing this yesterday with a therapist that is "teaching" me how to do progressive relaxation or cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). There is a point where relaxation is not possible because the pain is so bad. I tripped her up because she was trying to explain something I have been doing for many years anyway but did not know there was a medical term for it. LOL She says well you need to learn it anyway....

I also feel that when there is pelvic pain, it can be referred pain from so many places. Does you Gyn have experience with SCI? Mine was over 30 years delivering babies and he was excellent having saved my life during childbirth but he was clueless when it came to SCI problems. I had to go two hours east to a bigger town where I found a doctor that actually found what was going on.

I think you are to the point where you can't focus Cass. Pain meds might help.

I wish there was something more we could do to help. I know you are miserable.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

It was a ligament that I tore 2 weeks after a fall. I could see the prolapse with a mirror ... Looked like I was giving birth to a pinky fleshy thing (sorry) instead of a crowning head, lol.

Regardless that was some of the worse pain I've experienced.

Dr Patricia Lee was the uro-gynecologist at Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto is who I saw. This is rare though she does have some experience with paralyzed patients.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

was asked for update. have none. am in terrible pain and tired of it all. no update as is depressing. i hurt bad, they must be missing something and i am tired. everybody dies. am about ready.

was asked for update. have none. am in terrible pain and tired of it all. no update as is depressing. i hurt bad, they must be missing something and i am tired. everybody dies. am about ready.

How about trying a little pain medicine now? If you are worried about side effects, ask the doc you like about something mild. You need to start somewhere. Maybe also a counselor who can work on relaxation techniques and alternative treatments could help, if you want to minimize your medicines.

So you have a fractured pelvis. Is an orthopedist (one hopefully who works with SCI patients) following you now to see that it is healing properly and that you are being treated appropriately?

You seem to be torturing yourself. I'm not sure why..... It is horrible to have pain, and to feel that you aren't getting answers. But sometimes you need to extend a hand as well.