Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: am very afraid, nurses please help

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    so, how much vicodin does it take just to check out? or whatever. everybody here seems yo be in favor of choice rather than help. i need an answer. i mean when do i give up? i've read so many posts here on death with dignity which i oppose. so, i'm asking those believers, where is the line?
    No one advocates people killing themselves with pills. Grow up, cass.

Don't ever try to check out w/ vicoden girl! All that tylenol kills you of liver failure. Which is slow and tres inelegant...I know you don't care to be poisoned for an agonizing month, only to leave a yellow corpse.

Seriously. Vicoden is NO WAY to go.

Ideally you find reason to live. Does it help if I say I want you alive? Your son, Cass.

Not trying to guilt you...but you still have the thing that kept me hanging on. He's worth it. He may not seem like it at times but I'm sure he is.

I don't know how to help but I do care.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck503 View Post
    No one advocates people killing themselves with pills. Grow up, cass.
    yeah, kevorkian death machine was ok, was my sarcastic reference which ypu missed i guess.

btw, known a few who have died due to od of pain pills. i don't want to be one of them and don't take pain pills. what is your point. i tjhink 26 yrs of 24/7 pain is quite grown up on pain. now pelvic pain. maybe you should grow up, raise a kid and work.

too tired to correct typos. i hurt bad.

btw, i think i grew up over 26 yrs ago, somewhere between my accident, returni to work, my bro dying of cancer yr and half later, my mom and dad 2 and 4 yrs later, my cousin and uncle in there (had to id uncle), my best friend of cancer, to name a few. i think i'm all grown up., i've been in the coffin showroom too often.
    Last edited by cass; 09-02-2012 at 11:04 AM.

I am not privy to all the details of your condition, but I hope that you get enlisted with a pain clinic and a pain support group. Chronic pain is overwhelming and it causes depression and anxiety in addition to dealing with the daily stressors.

pbr

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    so, how much vicodin does it take just to check out? or whatever. everybody here seems yo be in favor of choice rather than help. i need an answer. i mean when do i give up? i've read so many posts here on death with dignity which i oppose. so, i'm asking those believers, where is the line?
    Cass, if you are looking to escape physical pain in your uterus and are considering suicide as a means to escape that same physical pain, a hysterectomy may provide a partial answer. At our ages, having a hysterectomy is not unheard of. A family member of mine went that route due to extreme bleeding and debilitating pain.

Cass, uterine biopsies can cause significant pain. The pain from the biopsy should lessen soon.

Don't look for the line to cross for suicide. Look to a remedy to alleviate and remove your pain.

Quote Originally Posted by light speed View Post
    I have a solution for the utl, just clean with water after every time you get to bathroom, simple and priceless, learn this to your childs.
    i have a foley. have had one for 26 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Cass, if you are looking to escape physical pain in your uterus and are considering suicide as a means to escape that same physical pain, a hysterectomy may provide a partial answer. At our ages, having a hysterectomy is not unheard of. A family member of mine went that route due to extreme bleeding and debilitating pain.

Cass, uterine biopsies can cause significant pain. The pain from the biopsy should lessen soon.

Don't look for the line to cross for suicide. Look to a remedy to alleviate and remove your pain.
    this pain is now 6 months on. nobody will say where it is coming from. i'd remove anything they say it is the source. i'm not looking to commit suicide but i sure understand those that do. i am very frustrated and so very tired of this pain on top of other. i was just thinking as i couldn't sleep, where do ppl draw a lne. that poster that said grow up needs to get off this forum. no clue.

Hang in there cass! I used to live in Washington too.

The Seattle VA worked with the University of Washington and the Seattle VA was the best VA Hospital I have ever been to – although I hear the San Diego VA is the absolute best! Unfortunately,I've never been there.

There was an airport in Dallesport, WA but I don't remember what kind of airplanes flew out of there because it is small. Maybe you know? I also had a family member who was a member of the first flight crew for the MD-80 project.

I don't know what all this means except that I hope it has distracted you for a few seconds from your pain – and know there are folks that don't post too often following your battle, praying for you, and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Didn't they think it was a pelvic fracture? That's not what's causing the pain?

betheny, that is the only thing keeping me going but he is leaving. i know this should make me happy. i really don't know what to say to you. i listen to the audio book Every Last One by my favorite author, Anna Quindlen, over and over. it is a novel that explores tragedy and how ppl deal with it, unlike the classics or help books.