Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: am very afraid, nurses please help

am very afraid, nurses please help

3 or so weeks ago, had my usual uti symptoms, just sediment and mild bladder pain. got antibiotics and cukture. antibiotics weren't working though culture said they should. so, dr. prescribed diff antibiotics which, at first, seemed to work. but, at end of treatment, didn't.

now my uro, dr on vacation, i'm really scared and in pelvic, i think bladder, pain. is this cancer? i'm ready to call paramedics but scared of hospital. never had anything like this.

Is there blood? I had a scare last year ... so much blood ... but it was false. What happened to your friend can't happen to you too.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

no visible blood. but culture few days ago showed moderate blood. nurse said blood can be there w/o being visible. am very scared. pain is bad.

cass what was the bacteria that the culture showed? i hope your feeling better by now , shit i know it has been like a sinking ship for you the last couple years and i know how it fucks with your head, and scary shit like this, sucks, i remeber i think it was 2 summers ago i went to the ER because my tempature was keep rising abovr 103 inspite of aspirins, but because i over heat real bad, i think io serotonin poisoning then too. in summer above 72 F i had to leave the ER since their AC wasn't working, i was at the mood , f#ck it at least at hone i have ac and hoped i made it till the next day. It turned out to be a bad UTI , but i didn't have blood.
    hang in there, i am on the one day at a time routine , i had a talk with a old friend and she got the fight back in me, which i had given up , hang in there, hope i can check on your sit tomottow, already am up way too late since i cant sleep , but finaally got the pain away, hope when i lie down it doesnt triggers as usaual, hang in there..
    I need to get the strenth and power and brain focus to do the PIE,
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    3 or so weeks ago, had my usual uti symptoms, just sediment and mild bladder pain. got antibiotics and cukture. antibiotics weren't working though culture said they should. so, dr. prescribed diff antibiotics which, at first, seemed to work. but, at end of treatment, didn't.

now my uro, dr on vacation, i'm really scared and in pelvic, i think bladder, pain. is this cancer? i'm ready to call paramedics but scared of hospital. never had anything like this.
    Cass, I am so sorry that you are going through this. The first item on my differential diagnosis list is antibiotic resistant bacteria. Once you have started antibiotics, cultures are frequently misleading. Bacteria may not be culturable from the urine when you are on antibiotics but they can still infect your bladder or kidney. The second item is a bladder stone. This would be consistent with the sediment and other uti symptoms, why antibiotics are only transiently effective, and you have symptoms of bladder irritation and pain. Bladder cancer is far down the list. Of course, as you know, people with spinal cord injury have a higher risk of bladder cancer but this does not sound like it. What you need is to see your urologist who will take the necessary steps to find out what is going on and treat it appropriately. Since it seems that the antibiotics are not working and if your urologist is not available, you may want to see another urologist earlier to get a diagnosis.

Wise.

it doesnt sound like cancer. i had the crazy cells that were turning type. it was painful but so much blood! and it's thick and dark blood, not bright red.

sounds like stones and a UTI. you don't even need a uro to diagnose them, just an ultrasound (sometimes they show up on xray but not all the time) they look like those medieval weapons: spikey balls. which is why they hurt so much. if it's bad, go to the e.r. they can do an ultrasound there.
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I agree with Dr. Young and "crypticgimp" about the possibility of stones. There is no need to continue to worry and be in pain and uncomfortable. Check to see if your urologist has someone covering his patients for him (call his service) or go to the ER.

GJ

Hang in there Cass I hope you are able to get in to see the Urologist very soon and get this all sorted out!! feel better!
    ACDF C5/C6, C6/C7 9/2011& Central Cord Syndrome

so i'm on pyridium because can't get to uro until wednesday. i know this only relieves the pain. i don't know if i should just go to ER which entails paramedics and them keeping me in hospital or if i should hang in there. i really don't want to go to hospital alone and my helper isn't available. her brother died very suddenly. are there serious complications of being on pyridium for a few days?

Here was the stone I had in February. It took a 4 hour surgery to break it up and remove it.