Thread: My first bed sore. Can someone tell me how to treat it. I'm scared.

My first bed sore. Can someone tell me how to treat it. I'm scared.

It is about 1 1/2 inches long. It is between my anus and tail bone right on the crack. It is red in the middle with that white callous skin around it. That white skin won't come off. When I found it the skin was dry the skin felt scaly but I have been putting silverdeen on it now it is soft but like a darn kinda dried gummy bear. It's not bleeding.

When it is dry I put sure-prep on it but I don't know what kind of meds to get to put on it. Do I need to keep a bandage on it? I sleep on my sides. So I ask, how do I treat it?
    I looked up bedsore and saw Petros5a and it looks like his. Do I need to go to the Dr yet?
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Don't fool around go to a wound clinic, talking from experience it's the best way, I know.

That is a nasty place to get any sort of ulcer, get it looked at immeadiatly.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    That is a nasty place to get any sort of ulcer, get it looked at immeadiatly.
    Don't I know it, I had one there after 3 months in bed in a coma, not pretty. It took almost 1.5 years to heal, plenty of mistakes before wound center finally stepped in and fixed it.

I've been searching old post and reading up on them and learned a lot.
    I got it from laying in bed watching tv and reading propped up on pillows falling to sleep and staying there for to long without moving. After all these years, I should know better.

Just don't know whether to keep it dry or moist with the meds. Really just wanted to know what ppl are using for theirs so I could get some.
    Daughter just checked it and said it is getting better so maybe this sure prep is working. It's not a hole or bad one. Thanks
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison