Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4" x 1.4" Frog Leg Epic Soft Roll Wheelchair Casters

4" x 1.4" Frog Leg Epic Soft Roll Wheelchair Casters

anybody know if these will work on a series 1 zra or no?

i'm guessing no but just need expert confirmation.

if no, has anybody ever bought this brand? are they pretty good or a waste of my cashola?

http://www.sportaid.com/4-x-1-blue-s...l-casters.html

Blog Entries
    rollin64, I put a pair of Unitines ($85/pair from Sportaid) and 4" x 1.4" FL soft rolls on my series 1 ZRa, and it took me about 40 minutes to swap the forks and 5 minutes to put on the new casters. Very easy modification, and I strongly recommend it!
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

I put a set of 5x1.4 FL Epic SR casters in my AeroZ's standard forks - perfect fit.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    anybody know if these will work on a series 1 zra or no?

i'm guessing no but just need expert confirmation.

if no, has anybody ever bought this brand? are they pretty good or a waste of my cashola?

http://www.sportaid.com/4-x-1-blue-s...l-casters.html
    That website are not the casters of the tittle of the thread, they are 4x1" and your are looking for 4x1.4" softroll casters are this ones http://www.sportaid.com/4-frog-legs-...re-colors.html imo the best casters of the market for ultralight wheelchair and active guys, you`ve got them with plastic or aluminium hub, will fit no problem, but maybe you will need new spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    That website are not the casters of the tittle of the thread, they are 4x1" and your are looking for 4x1.4" softroll casters are this ones http://www.sportaid.com/4-frog-legs-...re-colors.html imo the best casters of the market for ultralight wheelchair and active guys, you`ve got them with plastic or aluminium hub, will fit no problem, but maybe you will need new spacers.
    yea toto, i know the 4x1's on the website would fit. was just wondering if anybody ever tried that kind.

so you think the 4x1 1/4 will fit a zra series 1 with smaller spacers?

i'm trying to get out as cheap as possible with some 4" softrolls. i have 5x1,s on there now but i want to lower the front of my chair.

thanks donno, i didn't know the unitines were that cheap.

also, lol. has anybody seen or used these? or are they the regular hard rolling kind?

http://w.ivenue.com/Wheelchairparts_...in-pairs.rhtml

THANKS, guys.....

i would have to get the unitines or froglegs for the 4 x 1 1/4 to work. i've got exactly 4 1/4 between my zra 1 forks.

nobody ever tried the "SHOX COMFORT CASTERS 4x1" shown above?

I just got a pair of 5x1.4 frog legs for my ZRA Series 2 with the slipstream forks and the R6 bearings. Big improvement over the 1 inch casters from TiLite.

Quote Originally Posted by rollin64 View Post
    yea toto, i know the 4x1's on the website would fit. was just wondering if anybody ever tried that kind.

so you think the 4x1 1/4 will fit a zra series 1 with smaller spacers?

I don`t think it, they fit as you can see in the pic posted by SCI_OTR, that is a series 1 with std forks and 4x1.4" softroll casters, probably yo`ve got the forks with three holes, will be better for adjust it.

do the 4.5 or 4 1/4 softrolls have much turning resistance since they're kinda wide?

and donno....was it much hassle to put the unitines on your chair?

Blog Entries
    Turning is a breeze, and the casters are like little shock absorbers. Changing the forks was pretty easy, I just made sure that Sport aid had all of the correct information when I ordered the Unitines.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury