Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Daily Picture Projects

My back

I love old buildings, I broke into this and took pics a few times, the last time i tried, guys in environmental suits stopped me, was a battery factory and asbestos and lead premeated everything.

I wonder if this is what my spine looks like to the docs/surgeons who have to work on it?

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

flowers

uploaded a bit overdone, color profiling issue but enjoy,

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

to Lynnifer

This is also out of archives. Although digital from inception it requires a critical workflow. Also it was taken and "developed" to be printed on Japanese Royal Kozo Washi paper/ I had this paper hand made by a Japanes Master Paper maker. It is marginally translucent showed silk strands in length from 1/4 in to 2-3 inches long randomly scattered though the Mulberry Washi. the papermaker was lost in the tsunami, or at least I have never been able to find him again. I recently found a substitute, albeit not the master's level, but close enough to warrant resurrecting the image and trying to print it. the random fibers impact the image look and the yield due to the extremely fragile nature of the paper.

I would mount it on a translucent white plexiglass back with a glass/plexi front so the image seemed to float in the air against the magnificent kozo paper. It looks wonderful in normal matting and I'm trying to recreate the original style mounting as well.

I don't usually go into such detail but if you can visualize this, it typically leaves people speechless when they see one.

It is OK on computer screen but live is a completely different experience. Wanted to share it.

enjoy,

Ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

Wow amazing beautiful pictures. I am Curious to know what kind of photo editing/ Enhancement software are you using? I use iPhoto, Aperture, and Adobe Photoshop on my iMac. I have a Canon DSLR T3i and I am getting a bit bored as my lenses are heavy. i am looking for something smaller. I love your camera and I see it has great reviews on Amazon. Whenever I have a chance I dabble in photography but I am nowhere near as great as you. Do you have a website where you Publish your pictures example 500px?

Looking over the body of your work, I think I see why you think you didn't do well in Japanese style flower arranging. Your compositions are not limited to the strict tripartite form, but tend towards a clearer emphasis on a single focus. You have a clear and definite style which is wonderfully your own. I think I could pick one of your pictures out from a group of 3 or 5 similar ones. Your style is too clearly individual but in a wonderful way that would only be strained by trying to constrain yourself to a formal stylistic expression.
    Played with bombs- No SCI, Brain Damage enough that I require a chair and a caregiver.

debbier http://acapturedmoment.zenfolio.com/ sorry it is such a mess, not enough left of me so I clean it littlt by little'

IsMaisin amazing insight, one of the reason I fought so well was transcending individual forms I had learned thus unconstrained.

Also, for a while I entered professional exhibitions and although the judges were brought in from around the country all the exhibitors were able to view the judges as they worked commented etc, no names on the front so "blind judging" It was a New Englad regional competition and after the first year at the judge showing when my work came up most of the audience would look at me, I could never say I had a style but the others could clearly recognize my work.

debbier, btw, trying to transition totally to the Sony NEX, I can no longer manage my bigger camers despite downsizing, Saved on camera size weight but the glass was killing me. Look at the NEX line PM me if you want more info. Also 99% Photoshop use NIX for some B&W conversions and work and some PS for B&W with custom grain I layer in with several film emulsion for the various B&W films I've used.

Thank you all for your kind words, mean more than you know.
    Last edited by bollefen; 04-17-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: type like shit
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

another orchid

enjoy,

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

and 1 more

same session

enjoy,

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

had about 40 minutes of this dramatic light went to the spot for 3 weeks mapping the light and the window of time, palnning to shoot as many as possible in this Vermeer like extreme cross lighting (he did more people scenes with this light not sure I've seen flowers in this type of lighting from him) Thik I got in 8 different poses and orchids in that time.

ket
    Last edited by bollefen; 04-19-2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: type like shit and no attention span
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

Last orchid from series

enjoy,

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty