Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone have the new Permobil C300 or C400 with 3G seating?

Some of your issues sound very similar to what im experiencing with my new permobil:

Extremely wobbly seat when in lowest position (this gets less once you raise the seat up. The wobble comes from the veery bottom of the chair and kid of makes a clonking noise? - Also the chair sways around on its own when going down but not all of the movement only when nearer the bottom of its cycle?

Very loud squeak when raising the footplates?

Creaking squeak when raising adjusting the seat back angle?

I wonder how we can get these issues sorted out, and if anyone else has had similar issues ?

Whoa, I think my 2 different threads just got merged! The one specific to the 3G seat system called "Has anyone tried the new Permobil Corpus 3G seating system" just disappeared. Everything from that thread has suddenly move over here. So my earlier post of 6/4/12 doesn't make sense anymore. Sorry for the confusion everyone.

gregb,
    What kind of Permobil did you get? Your problems sound like they might be fixable with a little tightening and adjustment from your vendor.

It is a bit worrisome to read these Permobil comments. My experience with them has been excellent. The Street was a great chair. They DC'd it though for some reason, even though none of the alternatives seem as powerful.

I personally don't get all the hype about these adjustable 3G seats. My current Permobil Chairman seat seemed plenty adjustable, how much adjustability do you need? Surely speed, power, and smoothness of ride are the main features, yet newer chairs are slower than Street and from picture seem to have less shock absorption.

Quote Originally Posted by saleenxp8 View Post
    I've tried the seating system and I like it a lot. I can't compare it to the regular Corpus seating but the Corpus 3G has a lot of adjust ability to get the right comfort level that an individual needs. You can fine-tune the backrest, armrest, and legrest. I believe there's a few videos on Youtube that demonstrate how to adjust each feature. Here's a few photos of me with the Permobil M300 with the 3G seating. It's a really great chair!
    Nice chair Saleen. Lucky guy you have the light package on your chair. Wish I had it on my C - 500. The VA doesn't want you out in your chair at night I was told. When I see my primary care doctor at the VA on June 25 TH I'm going to ask him to submit a Prosthetic request to get the light package put on my chair. Are you by chance a fellow US Military Veteran? I didn't notice if you live the USA or not. Best of luck with the chair.

Quote Originally Posted by xsfxsf View Post
    It is a bit worrisome to read these Permobil comments. My experience with them has been excellent. The Street was a great chair. They DC'd it though for some reason, even though none of the alternatives seem as powerful.

I personally don't get all the hype about these adjustable 3G seats. My current Permobil Chairman seat seemed plenty adjustable, how much adjustability do you need? Surely speed, power, and smoothness of ride are the main features, yet newer chairs are slower than Street and from picture seem to have less shock absorption.
    A couple of things to keep in mind. Research indicates people are more likely to report on bad experiences compared to good ones.

I would guess that the Street was a victim of low sales. It is an outdoor specialty chair and not covered by Medicare and probably a lot of insurances.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I just ordered was the C300, and now I'm a little worried because of all problems they seem to have. The DME guy thought this one would be best. I currently have a Invacare TDX 3, and it kind of sucks in the terrain where I live so I thought a front-wheel-drive would be better. Does anyone know if the C 300 will fit into a minivan?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Quesmoy View Post
    I just ordered was the C300, and now I'm a little worried because of all problems they seem to have. The DME guy thought this one would be best. I currently have a Invacare TDX 3, and it kind of sucks in the terrain where I live so I thought a front-wheel-drive would be better. Does anyone know if the C 300 will fit into a minivan?
    Yes, the C-300 should fit in your mini-van. I have the PERMOBIL C-500 and it fits in my 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan w/Braun Entervan Conversion. I back my chair in and lock in to the EASY LOK device to keep my chair secure whiling driving and I do a lateral transfer into the power transfer seat. I swivel around in to the drivers position, put on my seat belt and go on my way.