Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the new Permobil C300 or C400 with 3G seating?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anyone have the new Permobil C300 or C400 with 3G seating?

Has anyone tried the new Permobil Corpus 3G seating system? If so, do you like it?

I've tried the seating system and I like it a lot. I can't compare it to the regular Corpus seating but the Corpus 3G has a lot of adjust ability to get the right comfort level that an individual needs. You can fine-tune the backrest, armrest, and legrest. I believe there's a few videos on Youtube that demonstrate how to adjust each feature. Here's a few photos of me with the Permobil M300 with the 3G seating. It's a really great chair!
    Chris - C5 incomplete since March 2002

Quote Originally Posted by saleenxp8 View Post
    I've tried the seating system and I like it a lot. I can't compare it to the regular Corpus seating but the Corpus 3G has a lot of adjust ability to get the right comfort level that an individual needs. You can fine-tune the backrest, armrest, and legrest. I believe there's a few videos on Youtube that demonstrate how to adjust each feature. Here's a few photos of me with the Permobil M300 with the 3G seating. It's a really great chair!
    Ooooo Shiny! That's one beautiful chair! Wish I could have gotten the M300, but it's 6.5" longer than my C400, so it wouldn't fit through the house. Does it go over curbs well? Are the arm rests easy to lift up and down? I have the old Corpus seating and the arm rests are the old heavy style.

Have you had any problems with the joystick or joystick cables breaking? My C400 has been in the shop for over a year with various problems, but the one thing that keeps coming up is a bad cable error.

Quote Originally Posted by beatscookin View Post
    Have you had any problems with the joystick or joystick cables breaking? My C400 has been in the shop for over a year with various problems, but the one thing that keeps coming up is a bad cable error.
    I assume you mean your chair has been in and out of the shop over last year. I know these DME's have bad service but it couldn't be that bad?

Chris, apparently there's major problems with the joystick & cables, which are made by PG Drives Technology. I talked with a Permobil tech yesterday who acknowledged there are many complaints, but so far PG is not willing to recall the joysticks/cables or offer any solution. He said any of the joystick options for my C400 are going to have the same problem. This is maddening because it means all of us with the new PG joysticks are going to be in the same boat with cables breaking when we least expect it. On top of that, we're not just talking about 1 joystick cable, as there are 7-8 cables in the whole PG system that have a propensity to break. I'm absolutely stunned and not sure what to do at this point. I could refuse the chair and start all over again with a different brand, but I've been a Permobil user since 2001.

Wesley, sorry to say that yes, my chair has mostly been in the shop since December 2010. I've probably had it at home a total of 5 different days in that period of time. It's a nightmare of a story, so I'm not sure if you really want to get me started. Basically it's a result of a very poor vendor coupled with this joystick/cable problem. Unfortunately, they are the only vendor in town that work on Permobils.

Wheelchairs are considered medical devices and fall under the jurisdiction of the FDA. In my opinion joystick malfunctions constitute a safety hazard. As such, they should be reported to the FDA. The FDA has issued recalls on some faulty wheelchair problems and could possibly require the joystick manufacturer/Permobile to correct the problem. Go to the link below to file complaint:

http://www.fda.gov/default.htm
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Hi Chris,

Can you tell me anything about the drink holder on your chair?
    It looks like it is mounted on/under the armrest?

I also have an M300 Corpus 3G, and would like to find a drink
    holder like that.

Thanks
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by saleenxp8 View Post

Hey Ron,
    It's actually a factory Permobil cup holder that attaches to the armrest. The cup holder has two pins that slide into a channel underneath the armrest and it' very easy to remove/install.

Quote Originally Posted by Rononwheels View Post
    Hi Chris,

Can you tell me anything about the drink holder on your chair?
    It looks like it is mounted on/under the armrest?

I also have an M300 Corpus 3G, and would like to find a drink
    holder like that.

Thanks
    Ron
    Chris - C5 incomplete since March 2002

My m300 is only a couple of months old. I love the tight turning radius as well as the 3G seating. The seating is much more comfie than my c400 was. Also more comfy than my sons invacare fx. However, the chair has issues that are driving me NUTS. First, it was not put together well, some of that we resolved by tightening pieces here and there. Then, I noticed the recline started making a horrible grinding sound. The, the tilt starting making a different grinding noise. THEN, the seat elevator started making a loud click click click, jerking with every click.. NOW the motor is starting to make a sound intermittently.

Yes, I've made a lot of calls. Does anyone else have problems with the head support and arm rests? I'm still waiting on after market gel type arm rests with troughed inserts...the aftermarket head support won't adjust properly on this chair so it gives too much which hurts after riding in the car.

Some of your issues sound very similar to what im experiencing with my new permobil:

Extremely wobbly seat when in lowest position (this gets less once you raise the seat up. The wobble comes from the veery bottom of the chair and kid of makes a clonking noise? - Also the chair sways around on its own when going down but not all of the movement only when nearer the bottom of its cycle?

Very loud squeak when raising the footplates?

Creaking squeak when raising adjusting the seat back angle?

I wonder how we can get these issues sorted out, and if anyone else has had similar issues ?