Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shoes

Yea, I'm known as Cinderella around here .....

I was joking yesterday to my daughter that I was going to start to glue my shoes on, and the thought went to glue on the bottom of my socks.

And I was thinking about those socks they make for kids, with non-slip stuff on the bottom. I just need to replace that with glud dots or such. And of course, develop them to with stand washing .....

Like this, only with glue!

I started writing this being silly, but in looking for an image of glue dots, found they make a reusable fabric glue, that needs rubbing alcohol to remove when dry. "Aleens tack it over and over"

I may actually give this idea a try and report back!!

Last edited by sjean423; 06-14-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I've discovered zappos.com
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    I've discovered zappos.com
    http://www.endless.com/ has free shipping and returns too.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

endless is part of amazon, I just realized that yesterday.

I went looking for shoes to wear to a wedding, aiming for something silverish or goldish (I am wearing a light dress) and of course flat and wide. I was even ok with something that would fall off with transfers, since I won't be doing many. No success. I plan to look online w. endless and zappos today,

I did buy these:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.a...FQrf4AodRXVKWQ

Which I think are going to work great for casual. They are very light, and the strap is adjustable. I think the black would pass for a shoe with slacks too.

(ps .... they were a lot cheaper at DSW)
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

target usually has the shoes you're looking for in the fall and winter. it's the wrong season to look for metallics, unfortunately
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Good idea tho, I hadn't thought of them. When I was in the stores yesterday, fall stuff was already there. Too early for holiday tho. But certainly worth a look.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    Good idea tho, I hadn't thought of them. When I was in the stores yesterday, fall stuff was already there. Too early for holiday tho. But certainly worth a look.
    it's so sad how that stuff is always coming in earlier and earlier. it's like having xmas and halloween stuff in the same space
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Well, I just ordered a pair of shoes online, and got these instead! Too bad my foot isn;t 3 inches long .... they cover all my bases, they cover my toes, have a wide footbed, easy to put on, and won't fall off easily. (To give amazon credit, the correct shoes arrived at the same time, with a reprinted invoice .... someone caught the error, just too late to stop it somehow.)

T7-8 since Feb 2005

I can't wear flip flops or sandles or any kind of flats cause when I tranfer or move my feet they fall off to much. I hate it and my feet swell after a while I'm in my wc. I love the gladeator sandles but the darn feet swelling makes my feet ugly.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423 View Post
    endless is part of amazon, I just realized that yesterday.

I went looking for shoes to wear to a wedding, aiming for something silverish or goldish (I am wearing a light dress) and of course flat and wide. I was even ok with something that would fall off with transfers, since I won't be doing many. No success. I plan to look online w. endless and zappos today,

I did buy these:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.a...FQrf4AodRXVKWQ

Which I think are going to work great for casual. They are very light, and the strap is adjustable. I think the black would pass for a shoe with slacks too.

(ps .... they were a lot cheaper at DSW)
    I have these, and I love them! They hardly weight anything, and because there is little padding (and a bit of stretch) they don't become too tight when my feet do swell a little. I find that so many Mary Janes make my feet look puffy, even when they're not, because of all the padding.

I do wear the black ones w/black slacks sometimes, because of the fuller leg of my slacks they look like dressier shoes (you only see a little).