Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shoes

shoes

so I'm usually a size 10.
    I've gone to an 11 target shoe slipper due to the wounds.

Now I need some kind of flip flop as my heel is becoming an issue and the swelling just in the left foot ...any recommendations?

Note: I've inherited my mother's yuck-oid toes.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

If your heels are going to be against heel loops on your footrests I would seriously advise not wearing flip flops.

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
    If your heels are going to be against heel loops on your footrests I would seriously advise not wearing flip flops.
    My feet don't really rest against them as the plates are flat. I've never worn flip flop post, so we're talking over a quarter of a century...

I miss my Keds. :-)
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

How about something like these two? Hides the toes, but still an open back.
    http://www.zappos.com/keds-breeze-na...l?zfcTest=fw:1
    http://www.zappos.com/keds-glide-navy?zfcTest=fw:1

They won't stay on for transfers tho. I don;t know how often you transfer. (I made the mistake of wearing a pair of flats I just got (coincidentally, from target) this weekend, when I was looking at a car, and then going out to lunch with friends. 12 transfers, and 11 cinderella acts later .....
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Liz321 View Post
    My feet don't really rest against them as the plates are flat. I've never worn flip flop post, so we're talking over a quarter of a century...

I miss my Keds. :-)
    Well, maybe it's time for a reunion
    KEDS sandals/flips

If heel loops bother your heels at all, or your feet fall off your sandals over the loops, calf straps will work better in keeping your feet from falling back/off.

I wear flip flops often, and for casual wear have a pair of these Timberland thong/flips which are extremely comfy and can be thrown in the wash. Their wide leather thong is easy on the feet/skin, even when there's some swelling.

The shape is similar to the Crocs.
    Crocs Vezzy flip flops at DSW; and Capri-IV-Sandal (pic below) at Amazon, Famous Footwear and Piperlime (prices vary so look for promos, like FF has 20% off, and Endless, Zappos, Piperlime have free ship/returns)

Converse - All-Star Cut away Sandals (pic below) and Sandstar (flips)

I don't like exposing my toes because they are usually purplish and people always ask me if they are ok and give me advice about my circulation which makes me go into lengthy explanations which I really don't want to do! But then my heels are ok and its my toes I have to protect...

Is it required for work that you wear shoes? How about going barefoot. I'm barefoot all the time when I'm home and I recently bought this foam thing from sportaid. I haven't received it yet but I'll let you know how it works.

http://www.sportaid.com/wheel-comfor...footplate.html

I smack into things too often to go barefoot much. Especially away from home, where I sometimes open doors by just bulldozing through.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Thanks, love the converse!

LOL I love the Keds and the Converse but without a back I would so have those across the room in no time. I swear my feet can tell when I would be most embarassed and then go into kick mode. I definitely need the back strap/s. I have found great shoes at Easy Spirit outlets. And huge selections and lower prices than their stores.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.