Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: most comfortable mattress?

I have something like Tempurpedic, but it is made my a local company. Basically the same thing, they just have 4 models so you can shoose your firmness, pillow top options, etc. I have a low platform bed because I like the more modern look and it is easier to transfer into! That being said mine does not sag in the middle because we have a solid surface platform versus the traditional box springs. It does not get hot at all and has a much better warranty than others. My partner rotates it monthly and we have had it almost 2 years with no problems. I would def take your time. We checked out tons before we purchased and even with this one we kept going back to the store and laying in it to make sure we wanted it. They gave us a 90 day one time exchange option if say we wanted a different firmness or something...

I have an air mattress on the floor with two cabella self inflating sleep pads over it. cats not allowed in my room, but very comfy.

I mentioned that NL feels that her Sleep Number bed is hot. We bought our beds before Sleep Number introduced a gel temper foam topper that purportedly sleeps much cooler.

I am disappointed that Sleep Number will not sell us the foam topper component to retrofit to NL's bed. In order to get the foam topper, we would have to buy a new mattress set. Sleep Number refused to order the foam topper for our model of bed saying that our model has not been fire rated using the temper foam gel topper.

All the best,
    GJ

Hilton mattress

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Mine didn't, but many of them do. I have had a couple of memory foam toppers that reeked and had to be returned.

Regarding that mattress you liked at the Hilton - if you don't mind the hassle involved, you can call the hotel and ask them to tell you the name and model number of the mattress in the room you stayed in. Then call the mattress company and ask them which one of their commercial mattresses comes closest to it. We did this with a Sealy at one time, and it was a great purchase (but it didn't last long, as it was an innerspring mattress).
    Bon: We did call & you are correct it was a hassle not sure they understood in beginning all we wanted was name/maker they acted like we wanted to sue them at first then informed us the maker, makes them exclusively. For Hilton but it was a sealey... thanks for the idea though

Sort of like buying a car theses days dollar wise we are considering a sleep number test spin, the memory foam type make my body feel like it weighs twice as much I felt like a turtle trapped on his back does is it just me or ? Thank everyone for the info

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    Bon: We did call & you are correct it was a hassle not sure they understood in beginning all we wanted was name/maker they acted like we wanted to sue them at first then informed us the maker, makes them exclusively. For Hilton but it was a sealey... thanks for the idea though
    LOL, I know what you mean about them not understanding why you wanted that info, the hotel manager where we stayed acted like we were out of our minds - but we did end up with a reasonable facsimile of the hotel bed. I guess the Hilton guards their mattress data like a state secret!

BON : No kidding top secret bed!! We now lift the sheets on every motel bed we like, maids look at us like we are weird ...

Quote Originally Posted by fromnwmont View Post
    Sort of like buying a car theses days dollar wise we are considering a sleep number test spin, the memory foam type make my body feel like it weighs twice as much I felt like a turtle trapped on his back does is it just me or ? Thank everyone for the info
    Ya, I hear you there about being hard to move on the Tempurpedic, I have a cloud supreme and I find it real hard to move on it. It's very comfortable but also very hot and I sweat a lot using it. I'm starting to think it's time for a change. I just bought it a couple years ago and I hate to blow 3 grand, but I'm not real happy with it. I'm thinking just a regular Simmons might work out better, at least I would not dread having to move myself out of bed every mourning, it's unreal, I feel like I'm in quicksand.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Ya, I hear you there about being hard to move on the Tempurpedic, I have a cloud supreme and I find it real hard to move on it.
    Curt, have you tried satin sheets? I had the hardest time turning over on my Tempurpedic until someone here posted about using satin sheets - I still don't like the boggy consistency of the foam, but rolling over and getting out of bed are no longer quite the problems they used to be. I'll bet I expend 30% less energy than I did before, just fighting the foam under cotton sheets. Amazon sells satin sheets (they're actually polyester) for very reasonable prices - the colors and patterns are a hoot, but for comfort they can't be beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Curt, have you tried satin sheets? I had the hardest time turning over on my Tempurpedic until someone here posted about using satin sheets - I still don't like the boggy consistency of the foam, but rolling over and getting out of bed are no longer quite the problems they used to be. I'll bet I expend 30% less energy than I did before, just fighting the foam under cotton sheets. Amazon sells satin sheets (they're actually polyester) for very reasonable prices - the colors and patterns are a hoot, but for comfort they can't be beat.
    Thanks for the tip, I think I might have some green satin sheets in my closet from my swinger days, lol. Gonna see if I can find them and try them, worth a shot. I've really thought lately about just getting rid of this bed which would be a shame because it cost so much, it's almost impossible to sell used as everybody is afraid of bed bugs, when they saw it was used by a guy in wheelchair, they'd really freak out and be afraid they were going to catch Paralysis, lol.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred