Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tire Help Needed

Quote Originally Posted by elizabeth422 View Post
    Hello,

I have recently switched from solid tires to air ones and i LOVE them however I am having a lot of trouble with flats. I replace the blown tube fill it up and within a day or two the tube explodes. what is the reason and how can i stop it.
    I think Schwalbe makes the best rim tape. I think you are pinching the tubes when installing them. When I have the same problem, that's the cause.

Velox cloth rim tape is another classic brand that has stood the test of time.

A bike shop is your best bet for the first go around.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

unfortunately there are no bike shops near me so im gonna have to try it on my own thanks everyone for the help

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    a heavy cloth medical tape or good vinyl electrical tape will work, just wrap it several times. what you are trying to do is cover up the spoke ends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2_Qspr9Bog

Check out youtube vids, there are a lot out there that have good tips on seating the tire/tube correctly so you don't get pinch flats.

I've used electric tape for years. Two wraps around, then poke a hole in it for the valve stem. Use silicon spray on the tube to make it slippery when you put the tire on. Watch carefully that you don't pinch the tube with tools as you put it back together.