Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spinergys

Get hold of Brian at: http://www.ideamobility.com/ He's a quad and and use to make his own quick releases. Might let you use the wheels you have.

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    I need to put back on my old spinergys because I've gotten a weak and its been hard taking my round bettys off. One of my spinergys rolls kind of weird. I think it needs to be ughhh whats that thing you guys talk about when your tire doesn't roll right. A bike shop can fix this right?

Curious...why is it hard to take the Round Betty Dino's off compared to the Spinergy's? It should not be any different between the them. Do you think it might have something to do with your Quick release axles?

Blog Entries
    WTF, I agree with BFD and Erick - the problem is most likely your axle release, not the wheel. Get quad release axles rather than push button. I found them here: http://assistivetech.net/search/prod...oduct_id=47453
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

All Great information above

Hi wtf follow your gut instincts if you feel comfortable with your old rims then use them .
    All you may need is simple spoke adjustments ( Truing them ) at your local bike shop it is cheap .
    Good luck
    Sincerely '
    GL

You also might try just using the same quick release axles you have on your Spinergy's with the Dino's. I use this type of quick release lever in the attached picture and it works well for me. pm me if you are interested in getting a set.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick [RB] View Post
    You also might try just using the same quick release axles you have on your Spinergy's with the Dino's. I use this type of quick release lever in the attached picture and it works well for me. pm me if you are interested in getting a set.
    I use quick release axles (I'm a quad.) Ever since I hurt my arm, I haven't been using it as much and I've really noticed how weak I've become when I tried to take my round betty's off. I do use the same quick release axles for my dino's that were on my spinergy's, I did have to adjust them tho. Is your lever quad friendly, can I put a finger in the hole? Thanks

Yes..they work good for quads. They are what I use and I'm also a quad.You can put your finger in the hole and pull them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick [RB] View Post
    Yes..they work good for quads. They are what I use and I'm also a quad.You can put your finger in the hole and pull them off.
    Ok, cool. I think those would work better for pulling them off. Are they on your website?