Thread: Neck pain

Neck pain

my injury level is c6-c7, and I have rods in my neck. I know because of rods my range of motion is limited than normal but in my case my neck can barely moves. even my physio told me that my neck and shoulder muscles are severely stiff. I constantly have sever neck / shoulder pain . i tried massage but since i have rods the massage therapist was super scared to touch my neck. im really in pain

Do muscle relaxers help at all to relieve the stiffness so you can do some stretching at all? I don't have rods at c6/c7 but I have titanium plates and I take robaxin twice a day and do some stretching it helps a little. It helps me to do my stretches everyday because of the decreased range of motion I have. I still have to take a lot of pain meds too though. Is this a new problem or has this been something that has been ongoing? I hope you can find some relief. Maybe someone will have some other suggestion too.
    ACDF C5/C6, C6/C7 9/2011& Central Cord Syndrome

WG, you might also try talking to your doc about some physical therapy to increase your range-of-motion for your neck. Obviously you'll need a PT with specific SCI experience.

after my laminplasty c3-c6 my neck and shoulders were very stiff and painful, the pts used electrostim for relief, I have a home unit which I started using and it helped, my neck is much better now, I don't have rods, but the other c4 incompletes do and seem to be doing well, with good range of motion.
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

WG I sympathize with you Everyone is different to some extent .
    I have my good , bad days with my stupid neck
    The Day Before yesterday My neck was so stiff I was in horrible pain , All I wanted to do was rest and not move it made me miserable my Dr is going to be running tests soon .
    Yesterday my neck was a little less stiffer and finally I got out of my house 3 hours

Have you tried alternative therapies?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie_girl_ View Post
    my injury level is c6-c7, and I have rods in my neck. I know because of rods my range of motion is limited than normal but in my case my neck can barely moves. even my physio told me that my neck and shoulder muscles are severely stiff. I constantly have sever neck / shoulder pain . i tried massage but since i have rods the massage therapist was super scared to touch my neck. im really in pain

Ditto I have a chropractor who wont go near my neck

neck pain

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelie_girl_ View Post

Ditto I have a chropractor who wont go near my neck