Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suggestions On How I Could Reach The Shower

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by SequinScandal View Post
    We just moved and we have this stupid long sink in our bathroom and the toliet right across. It might look like it from the pic but I can't get my wheelchair on the side of the tub to transfer onto the bench. Any suggestions of what I could do besides the obvious like getting a smaller sink , I plan on doing that but need something I can do until then....
    Even if the vanity was completely removed the toilet might still present a hindrance if you want to face forward (toward the controls) in the shower.

What if you used two benches. You could get a normal transfer bench that goes over the tub edge in the tub. Then get another bench (can even be the cheaper Walmart type, or even something that isn't a "shower" bench) outside the tub, perhaps even straddling the commode, but maybe a bit further forward. You could pull somewhat along side this second bench and transfer onto it, then slide down to transfer onto the tub bench.

Someone makes really long transfer benches with sliding seats, but as I recall, they are really expensive. And, they would make using the commode really difficult.
    C-6/7 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Even if the vanity was completely removed the toilet might still present a hindrance if you want to face forward (toward the controls) in the shower.

I use one of those hand held showers so I don't need to face the shower head.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulea View Post
    Someone makes really long transfer benches with sliding seats, but as I recall, they are really expensive. And, they would make using the commode really difficult.

Doesn't someone make one thats not expensive, I'm sure I seen one on ebay for a couple hundred bucks compared to the one thats over a thousand dollars.

My first apt was similar I couldn't even get through the doorway. I borrowed a very narrow wc/transport wc from someone and transferred into that to get to the shower. Brushed teeth and all that other stuff at the kitchen sink. It was a pain, but thankfully I was only there temporarily. Ugh the things we will do to be out on our own/independent!
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

After I got home I couldn't get upstairs and only had a half bath downstairs. I showered in the garage on a shower chair over the drain. I prayed that no one would hit the door opener since that was what my family usually used to come into the house when visiting.
    Also it would get really cold in the winter.

How about a long piece of MDF that goes across the toilet to the tub bench. Put some small pieces of wood on the bottom of the board so it locks against the tub and toilet so it won't move. Might need a towel on the MDF to silde over. I have a real wood toilet seat that is strong enough to use as a hand hold. You can get the MDF and seat at Lowes, Home Depot.

this could work just put a towel on top to scoop, for the price worth a try if not return it. found in http://www.homedepot.com/Building-Ma...&storeId=10051 hope it helps.
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился