Thread: Interdependence 2012 Global SCI Conference Abstract Book

Interdependence 2012 Global SCI Conference Abstract Book

Interdependence 2012 wrapped up today. I was working most of it, but did get to sneak into a few sessions. I also had the opportunity to meet up with Marilyn and Donna, and meet Corrine for the first time. Corrine posed Dennis's question directly to Rick Hansen, in a packed house, full of researchers, medical professionals, sponsors for the conference, and other SCI individuals.

She was exceptionally eloquent and respectful, yet effectively expressed the urgency of funding more dollars towards cure initiatives. Rick Hansen's response was carefully worded, but didn't provide any specific figures or a substantial answer.

There is talk about this conference becoming an annual event. Hopefully this means there will be more opportunities for individuals with SCIs to attend these events and demand the research stay focused on effective treatments.

I'm attaching the only thing I could grab during the three days, which is the abstract book from the conference. I'm not sure if it's helpful or not, but I thought I'd share it anyways.

Go Corinne!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Go Corinne!!!!
    That goes double for me.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Quote Originally Posted by KiranA View Post
    Interdependence 2012 wrapped up today. I was working most of it, but did get to sneak into a few sessions. I also had the opportunity to meet up with Marilyn and Donna, and meet Corrine for the first time. Corrine posed Dennis's question directly to Rick Hansen, in a packed house, full of researchers, medical professionals, sponsors for the conference, and other SCI individuals.

She was exceptionally eloquent and respectful, yet effectively expressed the urgency of funding more dollars towards cure initiatives. Rick Hansen's response was carefully worded, but didn't provide any specific figures or a substantial answer.

There is talk about this conference becoming an annual event. Hopefully this means there will be more opportunities for individuals with SCIs to attend these events and demand the research stay focused on effective treatments.

I'm attaching the only thing I could grab during the three days, which is the abstract book from the conference. I'm not sure if it's helpful or not, but I thought I'd share it anyways.
    Thanks KiranA. I appreciate the update. I'll be getting some more updates over the next few days and I hope to be able to add to the discussion from Osaka. What a small world we all live in these days.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Thanks to Corrine for speaking up and asking the tough questions and KiranA for posting the abstracts! Sensational!

Thank you KiranA and very good Corinne!
    I hope somebody else attending the meeting supported Corinne in asking questions and discussing this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by KiranA View Post

Thank you Kiran for posting this.
    I wish I could have attended the conference.

I have seen that Sam Maddox has blogged about the conference here:

http://www.spinalcordinjury-paralysis.org/research

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming