Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Christine, my Permobil C500

yea i still got it man but i thought about turning it into a hunting and fishing chair but if i dont ill help you out

Quote Originally Posted by deel90 View Post
    yea i still got it man but i thought about turning it into a hunting and fishing chair but if i dont ill help you out
    Cool, let me know.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    When I was at the SCI clinic, almost all the power chairs were Permobil, every diferent type. Appearently the VA must feel they are the most reliable right now.

It's a bitch trying to find a powerchair that works well indoors and out. I remodeled a large two car garage to live in, so I have room but there are so many tradeoffs. The Frontier X-5 is not it for me.

My best shot was the Omegatrac but I have 0 trust in the new company. Since I may need to move back to the hood and into a senior high rise, I chose the C500 as a kind of compromise. The building is surounded by fields and two prison complexes so I have room to explore. I hope I don't end up stuck.

The Canadian company, Ranger Wheelchairs has a number of interesting models but not in the US yet.

rangerwheelchairs.com
    Last edited by forestranger52; 05-18-2012 at 08:12 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Thumbs up I Have a C500 Never Had Any Trouble with It Yet!

I have a C500 also since April of 2008. It has not given me any problems since the day I picked it up.

Hi DeadEye I just purchased the new M400 I only have 25 miles on it but I live on a farm and so far this chair can go anywhere I need to across soft lawn up steep ramps in worked up fields carefully. This chair replaced a pride Q6000z that i got rid of after only 3 years.I hope this chair will be reliable my dealer said it will last time will see. I also got the permobil C3 lock down system work good now took my installer a while to figure it but it lock down now.

Quote Originally Posted by jandrain View Post
    Hi DeadEye I just purchased the new M400 I only have 25 miles on it but I live on a farm and so far this chair can go anywhere I need to across soft lawn up steep ramps in worked up fields carefully. This chair replaced a pride Q6000z that i got rid of after only 3 years.I hope this chair will be reliable my dealer said it will last time will see. I also got the permobil C3 lock down system work good now took my installer a while to figure it but it lock down now.
    I've never owned a mid-wheel but have test driven a couple a few years back with poor results. Hopefully the M400 works out well for you. Keep us posted once you really get in the rough stuff.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Christine almost stranded me on Monday. I got the dreaded joystick error and knew I was doomed. Powered it off and back on, and it worked again. I priced new controllers at a couple different places and the price was the same, $530. I finally found a dealer with a used one for half that (Looks like new too). Installed and on the road again.

If it happens again, I'm going back to my old chair.

Sweet photo! Too bad service horses aren't allowed anymore*

*completely joking, I am a fan of the ADA reformation act's new service animal definition.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

It looks like your old chair lost a wheel. That is not much of an improvement. lol
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/