Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Back in bed

Haven't been around much but reading this, the mom in me wants to kick your ass...you just don't seem to get it...you are gonna go shopping?...go ahead...shop till you drop...and then wonder why the wound is not getting any better...stay off of it...period...pm me your address and I will send you some really good protein, can't recall the name of it but it is great stuff! it just saddens my heart that you have to deal with yet another wound...

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    Well it doesn't seem to be getting any better.
    I'm going shopping tomorrow so everything will be double checked before ago and after I go to see if there's any difference.
    I was trying to decide whether to declare you the unchallenged winner of the Mr. Boffo "People Unclear on the Concept" award or the Forrest Gump "Stupid Is As Stupid Does" award for making these two posts less than 24 hours apart. But in reality, Ry, you've earned both, and probably the Einstein Insanity award, too.

**As defined by Albert Einstein, insanity is doing the same thing over again and over again and expecting different results.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Pro-Argi? 5000mg of L-Arginine. I notice a real difference in my healing when I take it but I mix it with iced tea (or sweet tea as 'y'all' say down south). Otherwise it's like drinking a bitter pill.

I sincerely hope you take a multi-vitamin at the very least! Do you? I swear by them.

I would really encourage you to contact those docs on the link I posted -- if I hadn't reached out on my own and believed that there were better treatments available, I'd be sitting here minus my left leg right now. It's not pretty, but I still have it. Two is always better than one, lol. There's no harm in calling and your case history certainly would support attempting that type of surgery on you.

If I were you, I'd do it. Nothing to lose.
    Last edited by lynnifer; 07-24-2012 at 10:05 PM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I'd get some blood work done and see what that shows. You may need more than protein. Everyone here knows more about these nasty sores than I do. I had my first fight with venus stasis ulcers on my legs this last year......and even the thought of getting them again gives me cold chills!

I hope you have good people taking care of the wound Rye. I had home health care taking care of mine for months, and they just kept getting worse. My gp finally sent me to a wound clinic, and my PT got rid of them in twelve visits....six weeks. I could'nt believe it! Amazing what the right care does!

Good luck Rye.....

Ryan, sending you some positive thoughts. You deserve a break more than anyone I know.

Fortunately this sore is only a couple millimeters deep. I've had several surgeries on that area and went a good for years without having any problems after my first one. I'm going shopping tomorrow so everything will be double checked before ago and after I go to see if there's any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by thehipcrip View Post
    I was trying to decide whether to declare you the unchallenged winner of the Mr. Boffo "People Unclear on the Concept" award or the Forrest Gump "Stupid Is As Stupid Does" award for making these two posts less than 24 hours apart. But in reality, Ry, you've earned both, and probably the Einstein Insanity award, too.

**As defined by Albert Einstein, insanity is doing the same thing over again and over again and expecting different results.
    What she said! And are you insane? Can you rent a gurney where you can be wheeled outside to a private or curtained off area and expose your skin to the sun for a few, A FEW, minutes a day? Obviously NRH did do one thing right with me. I am absolutely paranoid of sores.

Hey, ok, biology and I were never big friends and chemistry less so but...

You're getting testosterone? Seems to me women lose skin elasticity when their estrogen declines. I think your wound doc might want to consult a endocrinologist about your hormone levels and skin health. Maybe if you lay off the testosterone during healing it might heal faster and better. Just a guess but it couldn't hurt. But stay off your butt!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Can you rent a gurney where you can be wheeled outside to a private or curtained off area and expose your skin to the sun for a few, A FEW, minutes a day? Obviously NRH did do one thing right with me. I am absolutely paranoid of sores.
    Ryan can you rent a gurney like Sue suggested? You need to stay off your butt.

Still in bed. The only time I'm getting up is to go to the doctors. The healing has stalled but it's still just a couple millimeters thick. Sometimes it bleeds profusely when we take the dressing off and then sometimes it's dry and discolored. I'm going nuts and him and massive pain. Now my Van is broken so it's hard to get to the doctors. I'm going to try to get him to put me in the hyperbaric chamber and see if that works. He has is changing the dressing every couple days if it doesn't bleed through using silverzorb if it's not draining real bad and Aquacell silver when it is. I guess we'll see what happens. I feel like my life is just wasting away. Oh yeah, we also fixed all the pressure I was getting using a different pressure mapping system and doing some adjustments in my chair. The pressures are now really low and there's practically no pressure on my trocanters. I know it's 3 AM but I just can't sleep from the pain. At least I'm in bed laying practically completely flat on a low air loss mattress. At least I'm not missing much outside. It's been the hottest summer on record with temperatures reaching 116°, but at least it's a dry heat. LOL
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

This sucks. Still in bed. I barely ever get up, only for doctors appointments. Just found out it has a pretty nasty infection and now I'm getting IV antibiotics and I have a wound VAC on since it drains so much. I'm getting really sick of this. Pressure mapping and everything shows everything is just right.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.