Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: # of posters, I need help, Ideas on what we should do

We have a lot of talent in this community!
    We have a video guy, we have a graphics guy, we have lawyers, financial advisers, great writers, nurses, a leading spinal cord researcher, etc. All we need to do is have one member or a committee of 2 or 3 co-ordinate the effort. No email, but a big fat brown envelope with pages of signatures sent certified mail, receipt requested. Maybe this summer we make a trip to Washington! We send a letter to the PVA, Wheelchair Sports Organizations, MS Society, TM Assoc. etc. we get a large turnout. We get heard.

bottom line we need to focous on mass media. national airtime with some good tear jerkers/educational messages will do wonders. im not sure how this is done but i'd do it if i could get someone in tv to help.

'The more you dissaprove the more fun it is for me.'

Originally posted by bigbob:

I think someone that has close contact to Dr. Young would make a good leader. His input is essential. Hey Jeff are you available? I've seen your leadership qualities and I admire them.

We can still have discussions about what to do, but we need someone to make a final decision. I nominate Jeff. I think he can take all the info and put it together, being in close contact to Wise wouldn't hurt either.

We have some great minds here, and some very good writers. We need a way to get the message out with our signatures. We need pictures. Chris Reeves is a great man, but I think pictures of everyday people touch hearts more.

If we had a leader we could plan a demonstration. We would get on the news, we could have posters. We will be heard.
    Hi Jeff,

I really want to hear what do you think about this? As far as I am concerned, I highly perceive that you are competent in such a position!

With regard to a demonstration, Richard and I share the same thought also.

Suzanne

I agree with you Bob. But I think that a package of letter is too easy to ignore. I would suggest that we should supplement that package with individual letters to various people. If we could send a hand full of letters everyday, we would have more effect. I like the commercial idea, as well. "Small strokes fell might oaks." If politicians and business people are constantly berated by letters and messages, I believe that they will come to the conclusion there is a need and a market for the sort of things we are looking for. I have access to free printing so let me know if I can help.

I wish we had a sense of the number of "committed" members. A group of at least 50 committed members willing/able to travel could easily generate free publicity.

I hereby commit Jason, myself and his four sisters to any action planned to raise the public awareness through free publicity.

thread

I wish we had a leader or a committee. Someone who could make a decision. That's our problem. We all have good ideas. First of all, I am not an administrator on this site and I don't know if our attempts are inline with the mission of CareCure, or what legally we could or could not do as a group. I like the idea of individual letters, although it is extremely critical to send out a letter representing a large group. We need to be organized should we be contacted. We would then need a spokesperson for us whom we have faith in.

Originally posted by bigbob:

I wish we had a leader or a committee. Someone who could make a decision. That's our problem. We all have good ideas. First of all, I am not an administrator on this site and I don't know if our attempts are inline with the mission of CareCure, or what legally we could or could not do as a group. I like the idea of individual letters, although it is extremely critical to send out a letter representing a large group. We need to be organized should we be contacted. We would then need a spokesperson for us whom we have faith in.
    What is member forum Quest For CURE doing?

We need a committee! Then members will realize we mean business. A committee with access to the email addresses of all OUR members to send them an email of our intentions, to get the occasional viewers interested.

how about a roll on capital hill, or something like that. have a few thousand or 10 of thousands clog up capital hill or something. make it a mess for them get media attention. just a thought I would go there fly, drive , or take a train, it's the least I can do for my cause

Bigbob,

Here's a link to one of the more popular phone books. If we could get a nice front cover message, then it would most likly get into most homes and would be visable every time the phone book is used. It would lay a good foundation for the cause and with a well rounded ad stating the benefits verses the costs of paralysis, it would really get -people fired up. Especially if there was a special page on the internet for them to get involved. Most people have family who have some kind of disability that could benefit from better research. They just need to know where to vent and get involved. This could be the sand that shifts into an avalanche.

http://verizon.superpages.com/prodse...ods/covers.jsp

David