Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Green Tea

I'm all for green tea, it's the best treatment I know when you feel low on energy.

I drink green tea not because it does something for me, but simply because I like it more than black tea or grey tea for that matter. Sometimes you just do things because you like doing them :-)

I have tried to switch from coffee to straight green tea for a few weeks now, but I still have not gotten used to the flavor. I much rather have a good cup of coffee, but have read so many things about green tea that it is worth a try. Perhaps I am not preparing it properly. For now, I heat water in a cup and dunk the tea bag for a minute or so, adding nothing else.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto View Post
    I have tried to switch from coffee to straight green tea for a few weeks now, but I still have not gotten used to the flavor. I much rather have a good cup of coffee, but have read so many things about green tea that it is worth a try. Perhaps I am not preparing it properly. For now, I heat water in a cup and dunk the tea bag for a minute or so, adding nothing else.
    If you're not drinking green tea because you prefer the taste, then why not just drink black tea. Both green and black have essentially the same benefits, if that's why you're switching to tea, so if you don't like green, just do black, that is, if you like the taste of black better.

Actually, the highest amount of antioxidant value is found in both white and red teas. If you don't like the taste of green teas try one of these. Technically red tea isn't even a tea, although it is called that. It is the roobois plant and is filled with health benefits and comes in tea bags like any other "tea." White tea is very subtle, but it can be jazzed up a bit by getting white tea with some infusion. I have had white tea with pear flavor and white tea with apricot flavor, both of which are very good.

there is the tea called raw red bush tea. I love one with carrots in it. It is very good tea and no caffeine. I enjoy it without sugar or milk, but all other tea except jasmine I use honey or sugar and half and half.

I only drink 1-2 cups of any tea in a day, and find no bladder irritation.

I have my good healthy green tea with one regular one. every morning following my good healthy oat meal.
    LET A SMILE BE YOUR UMBRELLA