Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Wheelchair Measurements

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    where in Illinois are you located?
    Lansing

Quote Originally Posted by ryano View Post
    I love your new chair but looking at the pricing, it's at least 3x the amount my Q7 cost (or at least 3X what my insurance paid anyway) and not to mention, no way in Hades would United Healthcare cover it lol.

I in no way meant any disrespect but there seems to be a lot of people on this site pimping this new chair to new clients with no idea of their financial situation.

If I ever hit the lottery I will look you up. I love the chair and i love the color black But until then Im stuck in these K5's that my insurance covers. I just don't have a spare 5 grand to drop on a new wheelchair and can't fathom how anyone on a fixed income such as disability does.
    We're focused on making a premium wheelchair for as reasonable a price as we can, and we're price competitive for similarly equipped chairs.

Attachment 44911
    Last edited by JeffAdams; 05-16-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    We're focused on making a premium wheelchair for as reasonable a price as we can, and we're price competitive for similarly equipped chairs.

Attachment 44911
    That's MSRP and you and I both know insurance never pays MSRP.

United Healthcare paid my provider 1660.00 for my Q7 and I even got spinergy wheels. I don't have the suspension though. Can you do an Icon for 860.00 above that?

I doubt it

Again, I love the concept and I love the chair but at 5 grand for a manual chair and insurance not covering any of it, it's a rich mans chair and I'm not rich lol.
    Last edited by ryano; 05-16-2012 at 08:34 PM.

4K+ base price? I'm too lazy to search around why this chair is so good...can you sell me on why I should choose this vs. a significantly cheaper TiLite? I'm kinda biased to TiLite, as I have a TR, but think it might be time to finally replace it as it is 8 years old

Quote Originally Posted by ryano View Post
    That's MSRP and you and I both know insurance never pays MSRP.

United Healthcare paid my provider 1660.00 for my Q7 and I even got spinergy wheels. I don't have the suspension though. Can you do an Icon for 860.00 above that?

I doubt it

Again, I love the concept and I love the chair but at 5 grand for a manual chair and insurance not covering any of it, it's a rich mans chair and I'm not rich lol.
    You're overlooking that the Icon price listed is MSRP as well. Dealers can sell them for less (e.g., $3650 on Sportaid). I understand that there have been some people who have successfully gotten insurance to cover an Icon A1, though it does take a little bit of legwork.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    You're overlooking that the Icon price listed is MSRP as well. Dealers can sell them for less (e.g., $3650 on Sportaid). I understand that there have been some people who have successfully gotten insurance to cover an Icon A1, though it does take a little bit of legwork.
    For anyone working for Icon looking for markets (though I'm sure you don't need my advice), there is huge potential in the UK and Europe. I've looked at a number of chairs from UK based suppliers and there is no difference in price (even including overseas delivery), between the Icon and similarly spec-ed chairs from Quickie, Tilite, RGK etc.

Now granted, I'm not exactly comparing like with like insofar as the Icon is made cheaper because it's purchased from the U.S./Canada whereas the other examples are UK prices but let's say, for example, I want to buy a Tilite TR from a UK dealer. Fully spec-ed I'll be looking at it costing about $5000. I checked last night and with similar specs, I could get the Icon for $4250 (from sportaid) - add to that, lets say $250-300 for delivery and it still comes out cheaper.

Of course, I could buy the TR/ZR or ZRa from the States and get a huge comparative discount but anyone willing to take that kind of risk for such bespoke chairs (yes even the ZRa), not having a chance to be properly assessed, is braver than me. The beauty of the Icon is that I can have it set up to my current GPV's measurements without fear because I can change things as and when needed; I couldn't take that kind of risk with a fixed chair (guessing at the frame angle for example is not a smart move lol).

Like I've said on other threads, still not sure how I'm going to get that kind of money together but I've made the choice that, however long it takes, the safest and best long term bet for me is to wait and save for the Icon

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    UHC didn't want to cover a Q7. I can't imagine that any kind of legwork would get an Icon covered.

They are terrible to deal with when it comes to DME but they cover DME at 100% and are the only choice I have through my job.