Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permobil C300 Corpus 3G with Compact Vent Tray & Custom Mounted UniTrack O2 Holder

Quote Originally Posted by RAFS View Post
    Hi Fred,
    I've asked the VA for an LTV vent but they won't give me one. Wish they would as the PLV-100 is so cumbersome and awkward to handle when I travel.
    RAFS
    aka bob fellow Veteran
    Have you appealed this decision? You have a right to, and with the help of your PVA NSO, this should be appealable. We use the LTV vents also, and issue them to SCI Veterans, just as Cleveland does (per the OP).

(KLD)

Hello Bob:

Hi Fred,
    Nice chair and nice set up for your vent. On my first chair I had an articulating vent tray. It had to stick out in the back of my chair to accommodate my PLV-100 Ventilator. I use to back into things with the vent tray on the back of my chair and also after the vent tray was put on my chair I could no longer lock into the Easy Lok lockdown device on the floor of my van. I still have the tray but no longer have the chair. I've asked the VA for an LTV vent but they won't give me one. Wish they would as the PLV-100 is so cumbersome and awkward to handle when I travel. I'm not suppose to lift heavy things.
    RAFS
    aka bob fellow Veteran
    The name is Frank.
    Before my LTV I had a T-Bird Legacy on an articulating vent tray hanging off this C300.
    A real clumsy setup. I busted 6 exhalations valves off of the T-Bird at $300 a pop.

Quote Originally Posted by FDLeyda View Post
    Before my LTV I had a T-Bird Legacy on an articulating vent tray hanging off this C300. A real clumsy setup. I busted 6 exhalations valves off of the T-Bird at $300 a pop.
    That would be this chair...

Thanks so much for the information!

Quote Originally Posted by FDLeyda View Post
    The name is Frank.
    Before my LTV I had a T-Bird Legacy on an articulating vent tray hanging off this C300.
    A real clumsy setup. I busted 6 exhalations valves off of the T-Bird at $300 a pop.
    Hi Frank,
    So sorry I thought your first name was Fred. OOOH! $300 a pop.
    Hope you like the new chair set up. Are you get a whole new chair or just modifications to your present chair? I have the Permobil C500 from the VA. I think it was issued to me in April 2008 approx 2 months after I was accepted into SCI Service. Before that I was being treated in the hospital Primary Care team.
    Hope your doing well.
    BOB

Whole new chair...........

Hi Frank,
    So sorry I thought your first name was Fred. OOOH! $300 a pop.
    Hope you like the new chair set up. Are you get a whole new chair or just modifications to your present chair? I have the Permobil C500 from the VA. I think it was issued to me in April 2008 approx 2 months after I was accepted into SCI Service. Before that I was being treated in the hospital Primary Care team.
    Hope your doing well.
    BOB
    Whole new chair from top to bottom. Including a new Roto Cushion and a new set of Leg Laterals.
    It is my understanding that chairs are usually replaced ever 5 years. I believe that mine was replaced early due to the advancements in Ventilator interfacing.