Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Questions for crutch walkers....

I don't have anything to add from HLH and Katja's post. You can read the discussions by using the search function for care cure and you will get many threads where we discuss the difference between Walk Easy, Fetterman, and SideStix.

Carrying things - I have a backpack, man bag or messenger bag. I don't like the bags that are on the crutches. If I am going out to dinner, I throw my "medical bag" with meds, catheters/ostomy stuff in my wife's purse if I ask nicely.

Pulled the trigger on some Side Stix. Going with the shock system, articulating tips and some Sand tips. Need some grip in the woods for hunting season.love to get on that White Mt. Again.
    Strange thing, hitting that buy button was like a confirmation that I was not going to get better, kind of expected to see "Are you sure you don't want to walk normal again".Feel relived in a way don't know why but I'm happy typing this up.
    Dropped Arndogs name! Think it cost me an extra 20 bucks?
    Cj

CT8-Thats funny you should say that because I bought a pair of much cheaper crutches, but have told myself that if It appears that I will be needed them more long term I am going to get the sidestix. I don't want to admit that I probably should buy them now. Arndog's video sold me for sure. They look like the "real"

I popped into the hospital where I did my inpatient rehab. Surprised my therapist by crutching in. She was stoked. Surf session and leg session at the gym yesterday and bike ride today. Not pulling the miles some of you are
    doing; I can only muster about 4 1/2 miles on extremely flat ground.

Well I should have gotten the Side Stix earlier. I can swing my worse right leg thru and move way faster than I have for two years. My new discovery is that I'm out of shape for crutch walking. Dang what a workout crutching is. I am lucky I can put weight on both legs as I crutch or I would be shot in 25 yards. Arndogs vid shows him coming down the trail with the bad foot forward to gain some clearance, shit I dam near ate it big time coming down a curb like that. Well it's going to take some practice but I'm looking forward to it.
    The Side Stixs come with a send Em back if you don't like Em in 30 days. These Stixs aren't going anywhere but with me.
    Thankyou Arndog and Sarah

CJt8 - I am so glad that you have a pair of SideStix and are starting to get in crutch walking shape. Like anything - it is very sports specific and you have to bring up your fitness for crutch walk/hiking. I like that it works both the upper body and the legs.

Quote Originally Posted by mom23 View Post
    novanoin,
    Do you find the Thomas Fetterman tornado tips on the walkeasy site? I was thinking it was a different brand?
    I get them from the thomas fetterman website
    Mimi

Quote Originally Posted by Cjt8 View Post
    Well I should have gotten the Side Stix earlier. I can swing my worse right leg thru and move way faster than I have for two years...
    The Side Stixs come with a send Em back if you don't like Em in 30 days. These Stixs aren't going anywhere but with me.
    It's great to hear another wonderful report about SideStix! Makes saving my pennies easier . Best wishes as you work with your new Stix!

It seems like four or five people here have picked up a pair of stix in just the past couple of months. Congrats Cjt8, it'll open up so many possibilities once your arms catch up.
    L2 incomplete with a pretty bad limp since 10/31/2011.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    Like anything - it is very sports specific and you have to bring up your fitness for crutch walk/hiking. I like that it works both the upper body and the legs.
    Any tips please Im begging

Shveddy- right on the money with the arms getting up to speed. It Is like learning a new sport. Another note, that with my Stix I'm able to swing my right leg straight thru the gate. This feels good and I think it's doing some good for my hip joint, I've been swinging in an arc for two years. A side benefit I did not expect.
    Question on the cuff. How tight do you run them?