Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Questions for crutch walkers....

Anyone able to share what winter-warm full-finger gloves they use while crutch walking?

The leather gloves my Dad previously used (MechPro Grips) were rugged and had good palm gel/padding for shock absorption but they are discontinued and weren't the warmest. And he lost one. The problem is they also need to be pretty sleek to fit through the crutch cuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    Anyone able to share what winter-warm full-finger gloves they use while crutch walking?

The leather gloves my Dad previously used (MechPro Grips) were rugged and had good palm gel/padding for shock absorption but they are discontinued and weren't the warmest. And he lost one. The problem is they also need to be pretty sleek to fit through the crutch cuffs.
    Hello,

I am sorry for answering so late! I have had quite a lot of experience in crutching in cold weather this year. I usually bring two pairs of gloves when it is really; I start with looser fitting, heavy gloves as tighter fitting cycling gloves tend to cut off a bit of circulation at first. Once I am warmed up a bit, I switch to winter cycling gloves. I've tried quite a few brands and without question, my best experiences is with Louis Garneau - by far the most comfortable and very durable.

http://www.louisgarneau.com/us-en/pr...Cycling_Gloves

Let me know if you have more questions.

Cheers,
    DJM

Hi DJM,

Sorry for my late reply!

I will definitely keep your reference. We finally went to REI and he tried on the various ski gloves until he found something that was tolerable. Still wasn't great though...

BUT a couple months ago, we found a great pair. My Dad's mailman is a lovely guy, and I noticed HIS winter gloves one day. They seemed to be a great combination of warmth and flexibilit,y since he needs fine motor control to sort through mail as he goes from house to house. I asked him where he got them, and he just smiled and said he would bring us the info. Well, he dropped off a pair of XL US postal service gloves for my father later that week. Really sweet! My Dad really likes them.