Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watch 'Criminal Minds' last night?

Anyone watch 'Criminal Minds' last night?

I was so pleased to see Zack Weinstein in a role that had nothing to do with his tetraplegia at all. He was merely another student in a forensics class learning about profiling serial killers. They didn't even feel the need to zero in on his wheelchair, but you could clearly see his chairs joystick and tell that he has difficulties with his hand usage. I think it is a good sign to see wheelchair actors in parts that are NOT just about their disability. When a wheeling mom comes on screen (eventually...) to talk about laundry detergent or some other mundane life issue I will know that we have "made it" as fully integrated human beings.

Did you see The Good Wife the week before last? They had a judge who was in a wheelchair, possibly SCI, but it also was just an incidential detail of this judge who was not cutting the Michael J. Fox attorney character any slack because of his supposed "tardive dyskinesia" disability. I don't know the actor so can't say if he is really in a chair, but it was cool the way it was presented.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Did you see The Good Wife the week before last? They had a judge who was in a wheelchair, possibly SCI, but it also was just an incidential detail of this judge who was not cutting the Michael J. Fox attorney character any slack because of his supposed "tardive dyskinesia" disability. I don't know the actor so can't say if he is really in a chair, but it was cool the way it was presented.

(KLD)
    I watched the finale of "Good Wife" and agree that was a nice twist on the writer's part to have MJF play the disability card on the judge and the judge ( in a w/chair) didn't take the bait at all.

Michael J. Fox's acting has been excellent on GW along with many others and some well written shows. I look forward to next season.

I am a "Mentalist" fan so it looks like tonight will be finale for that. I have never been a big TV couch potato but the last few years I do enjoy having a couple good shows to look forward to.

I wish I had seen this episode, we are HUGE Zach fans ever since his "Rollin' with Zach" show on the Oprah Network. Hopefully we can catch a rerun. That's awesome!
    Wife (8 years) to Chad (C4/5 since 1988), Mom to a Medium Boy, Owner of a Standard Poodle and a Pit Bull
    Blog: http://ItWasntFunnyAtTheTime.blogspot.com

Way back I enjoyed Ironsides and the fact that the wheelchair soon was just part of the scenery. It was the first time I remember seeing a really sharp character who was in a WC.

I watched both and they were good
    I love the Mentalist tonight it kinda had me a lil saddened when he was fired but Hopefully he will be back in the swing again

Have a good Day
    GL

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post

(KLD)
    I did see that, and I loved the fact that when the Fox character tried to sway the judge with a "well, you and I are alike" comment the judge responded "In what way?" leaving Fox at a loss and realizing the judge knew he was using disability as some sort of unethical tool.

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel View Post
    I wish I had seen this episode, we are HUGE Zach fans ever since his "Rollin' with Zach" show on the Oprah Network. Hopefully we can catch a rerun. That's awesome!
    It is a different Zach, although I also love the one you mentioned. This is Zach Weinstein. The article calls him a para, but he is actually a tetraplegic.

http://seriousaccidents.com/blog/par...on-the-screen/

Quote Originally Posted by GL View Post
    I watched both and they were good
    I love the Mentalist tonight it kinda had me a lil saddened when he was fired but Hopefully he will be back in the swing again GL
    In my post above re: "Mentalist" I was mistaken, next week is fanale... preview looks interesting.

I will be watching the Mentalist Kind of curious what's going on with him as last week he called some co worker a mommas boy lol something like that then the Other guy Freaked out went bonkers and told him to leave after all that is why besides him being Handsome to me He is the Mentalist .

This week we'll in a day or so on my Tele it is his Seasons Finale'
    I hope it does not end and flop off TV as I really enjoy that show

They took House off I think ....I seen the roof collapse and he was I think in Jail Prison again for another 6 Months .
    They offed Charlie sheen another of my Favs

I watched NCIS it was sad and CSI Miami was pulled I hear !
    Geesh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    whos next noooo I dont know !!!!!
    Whats on 2nd no he is on third but who is on first ?