Thread: Iran builds machine to help SCI patients' movements

Iran builds machine to help SCI patients' movements

05/09/12

Iran builds machine to help SCI patients' movements
    Source: ISNA, Tehran

Iranian researchers managed to design and build a machine which helps the patients suffering Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) increase their movement abilities.

An Iranian faculty member of the University of Social Welfare and Rehabilitation Science, Amir Massoud Arab told ISNA that there is no treatment for the trauma and that rehabilitation plays a significant role in helping the patients to return to their previous condition to some extent.

Arab noted Functional Electrical Stimulation-Assisted Rowing Machine has been made inside the country by Iranian experts and would increase the movement activities of SCI sufferer. It aims to functionalize the rehabilitation objectives.

read...

http://www.payvand.com/news/12/may/1100.html

With no video to see how it works or what exactly it does, it doesn't look much more sophisticated than those late night infomercials with cheap exercise equipment. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems you would get the same thing out of a powered pedal/cycle machine. Just sayin'

i'm an OT student in university of social welfare and rehabilitation science,i try to take a video from this machine
    sorry if i cant speak english very well